MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need a host? CreateBB can help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2010-06-09, 09:12 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]The TOS is fixed.

No it isn't.

"We are not required to provide any refunding"

"We will be happy to give you deatials such as IP addresses for you to pass onto law enforcement." - if you're based in the UK, that may be breaking the data protection act

"an/or any other material"
"We reserve the right to change any aspect of hosting plans with only 30 days notice, and also cancel any hosting plan with 30 days notice." - this is of concern. What if someone abuses your services? Will you have to give them 30 days notice?

"By opening a hosting plan, or using our site you agree to all the previous terms." - you may want to reword this, sounds odd

Seriously, I've taken the time to read through this and pick a few bits out - now you read it and correct it. As I've said before, make the effort and you'll do well.
I am quite sure the ministry of justice is exempt from the DPA.. Something to research, thanks Smile

(2010-06-09, 09:21 PM)vividWire Wrote: [ -> ]"We reserve the right to change any aspect of hosting plans with only 30 days notice, and also cancel any hosting plan with 30 days notice." - this is of concern. What if someone abuses your services? Will you have to give them 30 days notice?
Hmm, i suppose it depends how you read this. Ill change that Smile
(2010-06-09, 09:24 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]I am quite sure the ministry of justice is exempt from the DPA.. Something to research, thanks Smile

Many companies regulated by the Financial Services Authority carry a waiver. This includes insurers, banks and other organisations which may have to do background checks or investigate claims made by you. You'll find however that the MOJ is merely a Government department which manages our courts and prisons system, and thus I highly doubt they carry a waiver. However, the Home Office may well do. Authorities such as the police can waive it as far as I am aware, along with courts and anyone who goes to court requesting a waiver provided that they win their case.

However, the way you have phrased it implies that the person reporting the copyrighted content being hosted illegally will receive the IP address from you, which may contravene data protection law.
Ah, i understand what you meant. Toungue I have corrected it, waiting to upload.

What It was meant to say was "we'll pass on the info to law enforcement" not to the user to pass on Smile

BTW: Thanks for all your help vividwire Smile
(2010-06-09, 09:31 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]What It was meant to say was "we'll pass on the info to law enforcement" not to the user to pass on Smile

Yeah, you may want to modify that from this:

We will be happy to give you details such as IP addresses for you to pass onto law enforcement.

"Details" also sounds a bit generic, so you may want to change it.
only 1152 files to go before it uploads Toungue
Tommy, want me to compress the design into a zip and send it you so you can get it up and running right now?
(2010-06-09, 09:37 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]Tommy, want me to compress the design into a zip and send it you so you can get it up and running right now?

Sure, you gonna email it to me?
No, I'll upload it to my server & send you the link in a PM.
ok Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8