MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need a host? CreateBB can help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2010-06-10, 06:25 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]I think you opened the doors to CreateBB way to early. You first had to get everything in order and than open the doors.

What you did here is similar to knowing what you got for Christmas/birthday before the actual day. It would have way better if you unveiled a nice site 1 month later rather than open a site without a theme <_<

That's like Internet Business 100 there. Not even 101 material Big Grin
Toungue Yeah I guess so, I got the backend sorted but I was ready to start hosting. I guess I should've waited a bit longer to make it better Big Grin
Review your packages @ THT.

Starter has less then Basic in everything but costs more?
:p fixed

the actual cost was correct, I just typed the wrong price in the package title Smile
So basically, so far we've gone from a custom site to a free billing tool? How original.

Can't you afford a server and WHMCS, then skin it?
Yeah I think I'm just gonna release the design I did on Exegen... It's been used on the site once then removed, so. :|
@rozzy, people were complaining you skin was too unprofessional

WHMCS is nearly $250, I just don't have that kind of cash right now. I've put aside enough money to pay for the server for a few months, as I don't expect to make the server costs back monthly fr at least a few months Smile
(2010-06-12, 07:06 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]WHMCS is nearly $250, I just don't have that kind of cash right now. I've put aside enough money to pay for the server for a few months, as I don't expect to make the server costs bal monthly fr at least a few months Smile

Please, do some research. You can get a branded license at $11.99/mo or an unbranded at $15.99/mo leased if you spend a bit of time looking into it.

You say Rozzy's work was unprofessional - how is a generic hosting template professional? You should have kept it or refined it and continued working with him to achieve a sensible resolution. If you, the owner of a so-called hosting business, can't design a site of your own, then lord alone knows what you'll be like managing a server and helping others with their sites.
Actually, I didn't say I couldn't design it myself, simply that I wanted rozzy, a member of my dev site to have a go. It's easier to use the hostig tool which already has a global css and design, and make more pages Smile

in the long term $11.99/month is more than $249...

I'm a PHP backend guy rather than HTML front end.
Quote:You say Rozzy's work was unprofessional - how is a generic hosting template professional? You should have kept it or refined it and continued working with him to achieve a sensible resolution. If you, the owner of a so-called hosting business, can't design a site of your own, then lord alone knows what you'll be like managing a server and helping others with their sites.

What does creating a custom design have to do with how somebody manages their business? You know, I could be extremely knowledgeable when it comes to managing services, yet lack the talent of being able of creating a decent design. You comparing the two is pretty ridiculous.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8