MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mods & Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ok, as far as i understand it, we can only post a plugin in the releases forum if it is on the mods site? Thus, i cant give a link to my site, where the plugin is perfectly freely available to guests.

I dont really like these new rules. My plugins follow regulations (they are free), but I cant use them to draw mybb users to my site. It's fine for the big plugin sites who have already made enough connections to users to draw an audience. But starting from the bottom is now impossible.
I think, that if the plugin is freely downloadable, it shouldn't matter where it is hosted.
You do have a point, however, with this new system they're going to have in place, the mods sections will be much cleaner. Also, you can still advertise your plugin site in your signature and in the showcase forum (I think.)
Yeah, but people looking for plugins go to the releases forum. However I wont have a thread there, as I cant post there. Therefore my intended audience wont see my sig. Thus 0 downloads.
(2010-07-05, 09:57 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but people looking for plugins go to the releases forum. However I wont have a thread there, as I cant post there. Therefore my intended audience wont see my sig. Thus 0 downloads.

You can also release your plugins at the mod site and only offer support at your forum. (Like I said in your other thread.)
Can't you make use of the "Live Demonstration" feature when submitting your plugin on the mod site? Make a demo of the plugin on your site.
Why should I have to? I'm providing added features to the forum in the form of plugins, increasing the likelihood of them getting more users.

Yes but they'll simply see a demo of the plugin. I would rather have the plugin on my site, so I don't have to edit my post on both my site and mybb every time I update it. Why is this necessary? If the plugin is free what us the problem?

All mybb are doing is restricting new authors and reducing competition to the older sites. Its simply not fair.
Wait a couple months Tommy. I have a suprise.
PM me or send me an offline MSN Smile
(2010-07-05, 10:09 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]PM me or send me an offline MSN Smile

Done.
(2010-07-05, 10:11 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-05, 10:09 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]PM me or send me an offline MSN Smile

Done.
Can I know what the suprise is? Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7