MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions and comments: Our new rules and guidelines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Are you kidding Cawesome?

Also it shows a page that doens't exist atm. :?
(2010-07-29, 01:36 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]Tell me if the new forum installation of a volunteer, doing it for a non-profit organisation, trying to showcase their new MyBB installation with the default Theme, default Logo and just a few new forums added with no content could be showcased too make the public awared of the existence of their organisation?

Your scenario is really uncommon, in the entire time I have been here I don't believe there has been a single genuine not for profit organisation posting in Showcase and I just tried searching and couldn't find a single one either.

If there was a case when a genuine not for profit organisation was trying to showcase their forum, firstly I find it unlikely that they had done absolutely no customization even to suit their needs, and secondly we are not robots; we have our discretion and we would be able to grant exception to that rule.

In conclusion, I don't feel a situation which has never arisen in 8 years and can easily be accommodated for in the event that it did arise should effect a policy that could prevent or ease situations which do arise on a regular basis.
Question about signatures and their relations to showcase rules.

Quote:Links must adhere to the Showcase Guidelines in terms of content and MyBB forums must display the minimum powered by message.

This doesn't mean forums in peoples sigs have to be MyBB right?
(2010-08-01, 11:45 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]This doesn't mean forums in peoples sigs have to be MyBB right?

No, you may advertise any site or forum in your sig provided it doesn't have hacking/warez, etc. and if it is a MyBB powered site you must have the copyright.
Hi,

Question - if I have a hosting brand that offers solely MyBB hosting, would I be allowed to advertise it under "MyBB Community Forums / Miscellaneous / Requests/Services/Jobs" ?

Regards,
Suhail.
Yes, if it is MyBB specific hosting then you may advertise it.
I feel that all of the rules are good quality and explain things properly, and I don't have a problem with any of them really. Nice work writing them. Smile
I'm been trying to write my own set of rules based on the MyBB user agreement. Your set of rules already does that. Can we copy your set of rules and modify it for use on our own sites?
(2011-01-27, 07:11 AM)Andrew B. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm been trying to write my own set of rules based on the MyBB user agreement. Your set of rules already does that. Can we copy your set of rules and modify it for use on our own sites?

I would rather you didn't, your more than welcome to use our rules as an example but I would rather you started from a blank slate and used our rules as a guide where you need inspiration rather than starting with our rules and then making changes.
(2011-01-28, 05:00 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]I would rather you didn't, your more than welcome to use our rules as an example but I would rather you started from a blank slate and used our rules as a guide where you need inspiration rather than starting with our rules and then making changes.

Okay. Thanks for clearing this up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7