MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions and comments: Our new rules and guidelines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I thought they fixed that awhile ago. Maybe, they just forgot the remove the privilege in the showcase forum.
(2012-08-05, 04:02 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Btw I'm not sure if it's with all users, but I can delete my posts. So it's quite easy to avoid that showcase rule by just deleting old bump post and replacing with new.

inb4 I've just ruined a cool member privilege.

BBO privledge Toungue
I just tested it using my test account and it doesn't seem as though regular users can delete their posts in showcase. It's possible BBO have permissions from before the change.
I've actually been bumping only under those circumstances, and because of that I haven't felt like I've ever been "hurting" for bumps. It's a good rule, and that system is a good one to follow. However, when I heard the Showcase was being cleaned out a week or two ago, I decided to use one even though I didn't have any big news in particular (thinking the whole thing was getting archives). When my old thread was still there I was a little surprised and disappointed to have "wasted" one of my five (I only had two left). I'm down to one now, and since the forum was just cleaned, I'm looking at going a whole year without a thread if I bump again.

Thanks for clearing up the rules. It's a little disappointing...although I know not all of the people that post in the Showcase think about whether or not they are making Anxiety insane when they post.
Ah, yes, when we clear out showcase we usually leave any threads with posts in the last few weeks so that we don't cut a thread off in the middle of an active discussion.

Provided your thread was started prior to the clean out I'd be happy to manually move your thread to the archive if you'd rather start afresh.
Would you mind? I was counting on having to start over after the clean anyway. I'll be more careful next time!
Done Smile
Scuse me if this has been suggested already, and/or is already in the rules:

Is there a rule against posts "Help Me Plzzzzzzzz"? It is not only irritating, It makes people look insanely stupid, and doesn't give anyone an indication of what the problem is - Since this is a support forum, This should not be happening.
No more than 3 bumps; does this mean in a row?

For example would this be fine.

Thread starter bumps
Thread starter bumps
Thread starter bumps
Someone replies to the thread
Thread starter bumps.
Are jokes permitted in General Discussion or any other part of the forum?

Is General Discussion a support forum for MyBB software?

Are all parts of MyBB forum only for support of MyBB software?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7