MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2010-09-09, 05:53 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]The text on the theme is way too small. I need to strain my eyes to read it, and I have good vision.

I don't really see the point of this web design trend where people are using 10px text. It doesn't help anybody. My forums use 14px text and everybody seems to love it.

(2010-09-09, 06:20 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]New theme looks nice but text is definitely too small.
Alright I will be changing the font now.

(2010-09-09, 06:22 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I don't find it that small. I signed up, there's some really good discussion going on here. Hope to post more when I get my new site going. Not crazy about the name though; I don't think it really describes what the site is very well.
Thanks mate. We are in the process of buying mybbtalk.com. Perhaps we will change, who knows.
MyBB Talk would be much more suitable IMO.
Then again, MyBB Runway is brandable and I do like the paper airplane in the logo.
Yeh and we already got the brand going on. Anyways I will brainstorm and discuss this with my fellow staffers Toungue.
I think it's early enough in the site's life to change the name without too much harm. MyBB Talk is a much better "brand" as a whole and I think you'll get more longevity out of it. MyBB Runway simply implies a site for showing off your MyBB but I think your site is more about community building and the more abstract concepts of community management, which is much more interesting IMO.

I'm just a nobody pretty much but I do work in marketing and branding and I have a lot of experience. Not bragging, just trying to say I'm not making all this up here. Either way, you have a solid site. Good work man.
(2010-09-10, 01:47 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's early enough in the site's life to change the name without too much harm. MyBB Talk is a much better "brand" as a whole and I think you'll get more longevity out of it. MyBB Runway simply implies a site for showing off your MyBB but I think your site is more about community building and the more abstract concepts of community management, which is much more interesting IMO.

I'm just a nobody pretty much but I do work in marketing and branding and I have a lot of experience. Not bragging, just trying to say I'm not making all this up here. Either way, you have a solid site. Good work man.
Thanks for the advice. If we ever change it won't happen soon as I am currently fairly busy but I will have a look at it within 1-2 weeks Wink.
Thanks for the feedback on the theme everyone, I designed most of it, Bob did the following touches then Damion coded a bit of it. It was a three man job. Smile And yes, I agree with the text, it was originally bigger on the mock up, but some members wanted it smaller. Toungue
Autumn Contest is here and you can win a $111 valued package! Prizes include:
  • Three Paid/Unique Themes
  • $50 MediaTemple Giftcard
  • One .com Domain
  • One Month Header Slot on MyBB Runway
  • One Month Guru

For more information read http://mybbrunway.com/forums/thread-autumn-contest
EDIT: Got it now.

And BTW. IMMMAA WINN THIISS XD
Cool contest , thanks Bob J.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15