MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2011-02-01, 12:45 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-01, 03:30 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I like the name change, but now the site sounds as if its trying to recreate MyBB's community.

That's not the case at all. We are trying to prvoide a friendly and useful community with resources for MyBB users which is seperate from the MyBB Community Forums.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that, what I'm saying is thats what it probably sounds like to others.
the facebook connect was not working. make sure you update the app website
I'm not the biggest fan of the name change. The similarities between it and the official MyBB forums are too much.

MyBB Community Forums - http://community.mybb.com
MyBB Community - http://mybbcommunity.com

Too similar. Also, it confuses my FireFox address bar so now I can't just type in 2 letters and get what I want, since there so similar.

Also, now you have to rethink the logo and "Take off with MyBB", essentially removing any branding that you may have previously had.
And this , id say, was the one of the ideas behind the name change:

"Too similar. Also, it confuses my FireFox address bar so now I can't just type in 2 letters and get what I want, since there so similar."

So users "will" make the mistake and be directed to "mybbcommunity.com"
(2011-02-07, 01:25 AM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]And this , id say, was the one of the ideas behind the name change:

"Too similar. Also, it confuses my FireFox address bar so now I can't just type in 2 letters and get what I want, since there so similar."

So users "will" make the mistake and be directed to "mybbcommunity.com"

lol you're full of it. i sincerely doubt they're trying to "steal" visitors from MyBB. it's just a better name than MyBB Runway, and it's not like they had any brand cache to lose.
lrn2bookmarkbar n00bs
MyBBRunway was a better name. *sigh*
I liked mybbrunway better, but mybbcommunity is a very good catch. To tell the truth, I am not quite sure.
For some reason i like mybbrunway cause it sounds like something you would goto when you run away from this community Toungue
MyBB Runway was much more original
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15