MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: myBB over SMF?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(2010-11-15, 12:19 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]also in the moderation tools at the bottom of the thread page it has the option to merge posts, it will take you to a screen tat lists all posts then just select them and merge them.

(2010-11-15, 12:23 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You've not seen the 'Merge Posts' option in the inline moderation options at the bottom of a thread...??

There is no "Merge" anything option in my inline mod options.

(2010-11-15, 05:05 AM)Isabel Wrote: [ -> ]This answers one of my questions too, so thanks.

EDIT: Ok I lied, I don't see it.

[Image: 96334457.jpg]

I went to Admin>Settings>Posting and only see 4 options for the auto merge thingie.

There's the picture of what I do see- AJS said I had to create it with mod tools.

(2010-11-15, 12:19 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]just to prove a point i went over to smf and found the install guide and like i said it says you need to

As for the CHMOD mod thingie. You're right that document does say CHMODs are required.

However! Wink
.. I was speaking in terms of the "Package" and what came with the actual zip files. Not searching online for some documents. Now the actual readme.html file that comes with SMF 2.0 RC4 (and RC3) does not mention CHMOD at all. Please download it and check for yourself if you want.

Actually, I attached it for ya. The CHMOD stuff really isn't a big deal at all. As I said I didn't have to CHMOD anything to install myBB. Just saying, out of the package, as a newcomer, that might be confusing to others.

BTW- I use Method 2 if you want to skip to the very very bottom. The installer is setup to auto fix it with FTP info (if necessary)- last paragraph, I assume this is where the CHMOD changes occur though I have never run into this problem. But I do believe I have a pretty badass web host to Smile

(2010-11-15, 12:45 PM)Isabel Wrote: [ -> ]There is no "Merge" anything option in my inline mod options.

Because you're looking at inline thread moderation on the forum display, not inline post moderation in a thread. You can't merge posts when you're viewing a list of threads on the forum display. To have a Merge Threads option, you need to add a simple Custom Moderator Tool.
Hmm, I swore I saw someone else with a picture of their inline bar thingie and it said merge topics. I don't know what you mean about custom moderator tool. I mean I do know what you mean, but I don't get how to use it. I read the wiki also.

Like.. I just don't get it. And I'm not blonde!
ACP > Configuration > Moderator Tools > Add New Thread Tool. Give it a name and description, set 'Merge thread?' to Yes, and save. That will give you the option to merge threads in the inline thread moderation on the forum display.

At the bottom of a thread in the Moderation Options, there's an option to merge threads, whereby you put the URL of the one you want to pull posts from, but that can only merge 2 threads at a time.
Thanks Matt! That worked... though that was really really easy. So I guess I don't get why it wasn't there already but hey, whatever! Cool!

I do want to mention I am beginning to like myBB more and more the more I use it.

The feature that allows you to quote anyone and still move around from page to page, that's soo cool. I've never seen that before.

Now if only there were smilies for this quick reply box. Oh is there a way to disable the auto quote thing when you click on the reply button?
I was using rc3 and like you i never had to chmod anything but some people will use the online document and not the readme document.

I see now your on about merging threads on the thread index not individual post when viewing a thread.
so yes that option would need to be a custom mod tool maybe the devs can add this option in a later version.
Yeah Matt helped. I hope they add it to the next version cause I loved it in SMF. They need like an "Emoticons" link and some basic BBC buttons along the quick reply bar too!

Hey Brad, how long have you been using myBB?
(2010-11-15, 01:02 PM)Isabel Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Matt! That worked... though that was really really easy. So I guess I don't get why it wasn't there already but hey, whatever! Cool!

To be fair, I don't either, but I'm not a dev so can't comment on the reasoning behind it not being there.

(2010-11-15, 01:02 PM)Isabel Wrote: [ -> ]Now if only there were smilies for this quick reply box.

There was a plugin for that for 1.4, should be in the Mods archive somewhere, should work after changing the compatibility in the file, if you'd be interested in that.

(2010-11-15, 01:02 PM)Isabel Wrote: [ -> ]Oh is there a way to disable the auto quote thing when you click on the reply button?

You can; that button was originally called Quote so it was clearer it would quote the post, but then apparently people got confused with having a button that said Quote, as well as the multiquote (small + button), they didn't understand why there were two buttons for quoting.

To remove the auto-quoting, in the postbit_quote template, find and remove:

&pid={$post['pid']}

Then it won't be linked to a post so will just be a normal reply.
Thanks again. I think imma have to get my designer to look at that. He handles all of the difficult coding stuff. I just pay him and go about my day.
It's a quick think to do, would be good to see how to edit the templates.

Go to ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand the template set for your theme** > Post Bit Templates > postbit_quote > find that code and remove it > Save.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11