MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB vs. vBulletin - On Digital Point
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2016317

Post there inb4 all the vB fanboys show up.
Just posted in there and voted with my MyBB support. Big Grin

Thanks for posting this for us. Smile
I am so voting Mybb - gf Vbulletin. Toungue
IMO they're different. That's like comparing the best free host to the best paid host. Or the world's best orange to the worlds best apple. It doesn't work
Vbulletin, is so not the best paid forum. In my opinion, IPB is - and I bet even Xenforo can top vB. Toungue
Statistically vBulletin is the market leader, doesn't necessarily mean its the best, but what it offers seems to draw the most customers.
Never really saw what any could see in vBulletin, it is a slow crawling process managing such a site.
All in all, the front end is better than stuff like phpbb and smf, but why would you ever pay for such things when you have MyBB available for free or IPB at a reasonable price.
vB 4.x is also a failure.
I <3 vB 3.x but I would only use it if I was planning to build a large social community. I never liked IPB and even after people bought me a few licenses I never used it and stuck with vB until giving away my communities and licences and moved to MyBB. Big Grin
Personally, I hate the 3.x front end design. I much prefer the vB 4.x default front end design - it looks so much better.

IPB > Mybb > Vbulletin

That's my opinion of the forum softwares. And, Mybb is a VERY close second! After my upgrade to IPB I didn't regret it, but I did miss Mybb. Wink So yeah, the first two are fantastic, and Vbulletin is the slow runner of the race WAY in the back.

Toungue
paid software:
ipb kicks butt, most of the gfx forums i worked for had ipb liscenses.

vbul sucks, i used it on two forums and never liked it.

i've never used xenforo, but i heard it is decent.

free software:
mybb is honestly the best.

phpbb was a pain in the butt, had bad support, but nice features.

smf is fail.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7