MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: While You Were Typing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2011-05-09, 10:58 PM)Dannymh Wrote: [ -> ]This seems to cause redirect errors with gomobile theme

I will look into that. Thanks for reporting this.
Awesome plugin, Aries!

It works almost perfectly, has very well-written instructions, and you don't need to spread its files all around (like, um, the Google SEO plugin Smile. All files go in the inc/plugins directory, which is a neat guideline that I wish more plugin authors adopted when possible.

I've attached a .ZIP with some minor improvements for the notifier style: the notifier message that pops up above the textarea can now be made more complex (say, in the style of Admin CP messages). This didn't work before because script.aculo.us would pulsate the notifier all the time, and you just wouldn't see that before there were any notifications, because the display style was inline instead of block. But if you made the notifier style "block", you'd see an empty div pulsate all the time.
[attachment=23238]

Another tiny enhancement is that the pulsation only starts when there is an actual message. This reduces the CPU usage a tiny bit (actually with Chrome, if you inspected any element on the page after the pulsation started, Chrome would eat up all its CPU core).

I've also found a somewhat aggravating issue with Firefox 4.0.1 and Quick Reply (can't reproduce with Chrome or the full reply):

In Firefox 4.0.1 (and possibly other versions), if you receive the notification about new posts while using the Quick Reply, and then click "Post Reply" (in effect ignoring the existence of the new post), the text from the Quick Reply text area may be lost.

Anyway, great work, Aries! Would it possible to open-source the plugin on GitHub? I'd like to make some more contributions to it.
Hey

Maybe modify plugin to working only at typing new message, but now is woking everywhere (index etc.)
Is the server load increase on this high if instant display option is off?
Also does this work fine in MyBB 1.6.8?
thanks
interested in that either
NICE, I just love this plugin
Works ok on current version, however the live option increases the server load harshly. Especially when many people are posting.
Its not working for me, just comes up with ". []" blinking in red.

Also in the admin CP it doesnt have a name its just "(1.3)" and i cant change the 1 setting under config as theres no title to click.
Thanks a lot for this.
But has a problem with "NewPoints" plugin. I can not use these 2 plugins in a times in my forum :s
-snip-
Problem fixed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8