MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: EzIRC for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2011-01-20, 08:27 PM)Wahtastic Wrote: [ -> ]How do we get our own livechat that uses our users usernames and passwords from our site? Or how to not have a changing operator?

Pick an IRC server, make a channel, and the plugin will connect to it with your forum name. I recommend irc.mibbit.net. Smile
(2011-01-20, 07:54 PM)Havok Wrote: [ -> ]I've installed and configured the modification and changed the $forumdir however I keep getting the following error:

Warning: require_once(.//global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/8/d338255060/htdocs/forum/chat.php on line 45

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './/global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5') in /homepages/8/d338255060/htdocs/forum/chat.php on line 45

I have 1and1 hosting if that helps (and I have upgraded to php version 5.whatever via the .htaccess). Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Can you PM me what you have in $forumdir? Just that line should do..? I have a feeling you have an unnecessary slash somewhere. If you put chat.php in mysite.com/chat.php - and your forum is in mysite.com/forum/ - you'll need to adjust the $forumdir to the path to your forum, where global.php is located.

(2011-01-20, 04:09 PM)semuanya Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, can you help me. I have a problem..
When I click / open Help page [http://myforums.aboedman.info/misc.php?action=help]

[Image: 1909562469.jpg]

Please help me.
Thanks.
I don't think this has anything to do with this mod? I didn't code a help function with the mod, probably should have but this was my first ever attempt at a MyBB modification, turned out pretty well I dare say.

Can you let me know how you got that error exactly? What steps you took etc?

(2011-01-21, 04:12 AM)MadMikeyB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-20, 07:54 PM)Havok Wrote: [ -> ]I've installed and configured the modification and changed the $forumdir however I keep getting the following error:

Warning: require_once(.//global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/8/d338255060/htdocs/forum/chat.php on line 45

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './/global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5') in /homepages/8/d338255060/htdocs/forum/chat.php on line 45

I have 1and1 hosting if that helps (and I have upgraded to php version 5.whatever via the .htaccess). Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Can you PM me what you have in $forumdir? Just that line should do..? I have a feeling you have an unnecessary slash somewhere. If you put chat.php in mysite.com/chat.php - and your forum is in mysite.com/forum/ - you'll need to adjust the $forumdir to the path to your forum, where global.php is located.

Thank you - I had the $forumdir = "/"; which was causing the error.
$forumdir = ""; worked perfectly.

(2011-01-21, 04:12 AM)MadMikeyB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-20, 04:09 PM)semuanya Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, can you help me. I have a problem..
When I click / open Help page [http://myforums.aboedman.info/misc.php?action=help]

[Image: 1909562469.jpg]

Please help me.
Thanks.
I don't think this has anything to do with this mod? I didn't code a help function with the mod, probably should have but this was my first ever attempt at a MyBB modification, turned out pretty well I dare say.

Can you let me know how you got that error exactly? What steps you took etc?

I'm upload EZirc.. install at ACP, setting hashes and another.. edit file chat.php ($forumdir)
and edit header template (change member list to chat.php link)
I dunno if I'm the only one who noticed this but in the readme, it describes how to put a link in the header with an image. Yet, there's no chat.gif in the package. I would recommend adding the icon in the package to avoid problems with that part.
another questions
Does it allow Admin to set permissions: who can chat (only registered members for example) ?
- Is it possible to show usernames with their respective colors?
- Is it also possible to put chat on index page instead of its own separate page?
yes
no
yes

---------------

hello MadMikeyB,

i had same issue as semuanya, but this is in the popu smiley box. i tried changing forum paths but no use. i installed my forum in subfolder of root.

[attachment=21370]
even registered member can still choose other username as their nickname in chat..
is there a way to lock the editing in textfield.. so that they can't edit the name..
(2011-01-25, 01:09 AM)Shiny Wrote: [ -> ]even registered member can still choose other username as their nickname in chat..
is there a way to lock the editing in textfield.. so that they can't edit the name..

No. It just uses a Mibbit widget and it doesn't let you lock it.
(2011-01-21, 08:39 PM)TheGodFather Wrote: [ -> ]yes
no
yes

---------------

hello MadMikeyB,

i had same issue as semuanya, but this is in the popu smiley box. i tried changing forum paths but no use. i installed my forum in subfolder of root.
Ah the smilies popup.. Well I have no clue how to fix that. I'll ask here on these forums how to fix this, I don't know if this is something i've forgotten..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9