MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: EzIRC for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2011-05-15, 08:33 AM)MadMikeyB Wrote: [ -> ]Change

$forumdir = "/"; // change this if you want the script to work outside your forums..

to

$forumdir = ""; // change this if you want the script to work outside your forums..

If that doesnt work, change it to

$forumdir = "."; // change this if you want the script to work outside your forums..

Thanks! The first option worked.

http://protectionforums.com/chat.php

Working lovely!
Is it possible to get this moved to the index page?
hi i can't get it working this is the script can you send me a copy of what i should do with it please

<?php
/**
* EzIRC originally for vBulletin by Billy Ewing (toonySNN)
* EzIRC name used with permission.
* You are free to modify this file, but please do not remove this copyright notice.
* This chat.php script uses code from this thread; http://community.mybb.com/thread-72204.html
* Without the Open Source MyBB community, this mod would probably not be here.
*/

$forumdir = "/"; // change this if you want the script to work outside your forums..

//end editing

define("IN_MYBB", 1);

if(substr($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'],0,1) == "/")
{
define('THIS_SCRIPT', substr($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'],1));
}
else
{
define('THIS_SCRIPT', $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']);
}
$current_dir = getcwd();

//change working directory to allow board includes to work
$forumdirslash = $forumdir."/";
$change_dir = "/";

if(!@chdir($forumdir) && !empty($forumdir))
{
if(@is_dir($forumdir))
{
$change_dir = $forumdir;
}
else
{
die("\$forumdir is invalid!");
}
}

//include board files
require_once $change_dir."/global.php";
require_once MYBB_ROOT."inc/functions.php";
require_once MYBB_ROOT."inc/functions_post.php";
require_once MYBB_ROOT."inc/functions_user.php";
require_once MYBB_ROOT."inc/class_parser.php";
// output the page.
if($mybb->user['uid'])
{
eval("\$chat = \"".$templates->get("ezirc_chat")."\";");
output_page($chat);
}
else
{
$error = "Sorry, you need to be logged in to access EzIRC.";
eval("\$chat = \"".$templates->get("error")."\";");
output_page($chat);
}
//change directory back to current where script is
@chdir($current_dir);
What do you mean, "I can't get it working"?

Did you read any of the posts in here? Answer is two posts up Wink

(2011-05-15, 08:33 AM)MadMikeyB Wrote: [ -> ]Change

to

$forumdir = ""; // change this if you want the script to work outside your forums..

If that doesnt work, change it to

$forumdir = "."; // change this if you want the script to work outside your forums..

(2011-07-28, 01:47 PM)Morsec0de Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to get this moved to the index page?

Not without modifications, would probably require some other stuff. You could probably use the mibbit widget without the AdminCP controls as a template edit maybe.
Whoa looks good considering you can get irc bots to monitor the chat while the mods or admins are AFK.
i tried all of them but it dosn't work by the way it is in the same dir as global.php
(2011-09-09, 02:58 PM)sysadmin Wrote: [ -> ]i tried all of them but it dosn't work by the way it is in the same dir as global.php
If your MyBB installation is in the root of your server, change
$forumdir = "/";
to
$forumdir = "";

Mike allowed for the case that we don't need to do any directory "finding".

If your MyBB installation is in a folder like public_html or www, change it to

$forumdir = "/public_html";
or
$forumdir = "/www";

One of these 2 ways should work for you. I've done a few MyBB installations today to check, and they work. (See my sig for my forum - click on the "Chat" link (next to Calendars) and you'll see it in action in public_html. (That's Mike's code with just one little change that doesn't affect whether it works.)

BTW, if you ever come back, Mike - fantastic plugin! Saved me I don't know how much work, and taught me a few things about writing plugins.
plugin works good, but cant connect to quakenet

Closing Link: David777 by wineasy2.se.quakenet.org (G-lined)

what is a hash and how i can get a new?

(2011-09-07, 03:45 AM)carter Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa looks good considering you can get irc bots to monitor the chat while the mods or admins are AFK.
IRC bots can't monitor the channel when your away using this plugin. This only puts a iframe on to your site using Mibbit.
(2011-10-07, 08:20 AM)davidoof Wrote: [ -> ]plugin works good, but cant connect to quakenet

Closing Link: David777 by wineasy2.se.quakenet.org (G-lined)

what is a hash and how i can get a new?
The harsh is the Mibbit settings for how the client looks and how other things looks too (such as how the client reacts, it's view, what happens when you use a command, etc). You got G:lined since Mibbit's IP block must be banned and there is nothing you will be able to do about it unless you contact Quakenet yourself.
Contacting Quakenet probably won't get Mibbit unGlined - Mibbit will have to contact them.

Until then, davidoof's only alternative is to use another IRC network.

(I'm working on a mod that will eliminate Mibbit from the equation, but I'm working on about a dozen projects at the moment, a few of them to pay the bills, so this one is low priority.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9