MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Huge MyBB Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Don't get me wrong but most of the forum which pass the 100k posts mark in mybb face constant sql errors and db lockups.
(2011-03-14, 03:38 PM)pg001 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get me wrong but most of the forum which pass the 100k posts mark in mybb face constant sql errors and db lockups.

Well of course if you don't have the server to handle the load you will need to optimize some things. But, this isn't an issue with mybb alone either..

Besides with sites like HF and ncaabs running on mybb it shows it can be done.
(2011-03-14, 03:38 PM)pg001 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get me wrong but most of the forum which pass the 100k posts mark in mybb face constant sql errors and db lockups.

That's absolute bullshit.. Of course you need the server to handle it.. but mybb is very good for larger forums.. i have absolutely no problems..

I see more SQL errors on a huge vB forum I visit than a bigger MyBB forum.
Quote:That's absolute bullshit.. Of course you need the server to handle it.. but mybb is very good for larger forums.. i have absolutely no problems..
Pretty much clears how you made 8 threads asking for support if you have the bandwidth to handle .
Just sayin .

Quote:I see more SQL errors on a huge vB forum I visit than a bigger MyBB forum.
when it comes to minimum SQL errors then I recon SMF and Phpbb3 are good .
(2011-03-14, 04:43 PM)pg001 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:That's absolute bullshit.. Of course you need the server to handle it.. but mybb is very good for larger forums.. i have absolutely no problems..
Pretty much clears how you made 8 threads asking for support if you have the bandwidth to handle .
Just sayin .

Quote:I see more SQL errors on a huge vB forum I visit than a bigger MyBB forum.
when it comes to minimum SQL errors then I recon SMF and Phpbb3 are good .

What? Confused
Umm .. disregard it .
Just went and looked into other forum support threads it's filled with bugs too .
99% of the time, "bugs" in the support board are caused by the users unless they are actual bugs found in the tracker.
Database lockups is an issue of the server not the software. Most hosting providers will say that it's the fault of the script because they don't want to admit that there server isn't strong enough to handle a big community board. If you are running a big board I would personally recommend to get a VPS or even a dedicated server from a respectable hosting provider. That way you can also do optimization to apache and mysql. No big website (whatever software they are running) should run on a plain shared hostingplan.

I have no problems, ever.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9