MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Extra Forum Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Adds extra forum permissions to your board.

Compatible with MyBB 1.6.*

DESCRIPTION
At this moment this plugin adds the following extra permissions to your board:
- can rate own threads (on by default)
- can close own threads (off by default)
- can sticky own threads (off by default)
- can post links (on by default)
- can post images (on by default)
- can post videos (on by default)

More permissions will be added in the future. If you have a request for an extra permission, please don't hesitate to post it in this thread.

You are able to change those permissions globally for each usergroup but you can also overwrite the global permissions per forum per usergroup as any other custom permission in MyBB.

If you want to restrict any of these permissions based on the number of posts, reputation, referrals, ... a user has you can set up Group Promotions. More info:
Wiki: Group Promotions
Restricting access to a forum using group promotions

SCREENSHOTS
[attachment=22677] [attachment=22678] [attachment=22653] [attachment=22654]
Visit the download page for more screenshots.

SUPPORT
Please only report bugs or any other problem in this thread or the Plugin Support subforum on the MyBB Community Forum. I can not respond to comments/reviews on mod site.

DONATE
This plugin will always be free but a donation is always welcome and much appreciated. If you like this plugin and want to support the further development of this and my other plugins, feel free to donate. Not doing it doesn't restrict you or the functionality of this plugin in any way. Thank you!
[Image: btn_donate_SM.gif]

SPREAD THE WORD
You can help to spread the word and promote this plugin:
- share the link to either the thread or this page on social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, ...)
- give this plugin a good review on the mod site.
- rate this plugin on the mod site.
- comment in the plugin thread on the MyBB Community Forum
- tell your friends about the plugin

DOWNLOAD
http://mods.mybb.com/view/extra-forum-permissions

3RD PARTY PUBLICATIONS
MyPureBB: Extra Forum Permissions is just too awesome
MyBB Anti-Spam Techniques: Implementing Anti-Spam Techniques
Looks good. I may give this a try. Nice work.
Man, you're on a roll! Keep rolling these awesome plugins out - I feel a donation coming your way once I get paid!
Aries-Belguim makes epic plugins! If I can, I'm donating! Big Grin

Can you add in a permission so users can move their own threads which means less work for moderators moving the threads?
(2011-05-10, 04:14 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Man, you're on a roll! Keep rolling these awesome plugins out - I feel a donation coming your way once I get paid!
(2011-05-10, 04:15 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Aries-Belguim makes epic plugins! If I can, I'm donating! Big Grin

Thanks guys Big Grin

(2011-05-10, 04:15 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Can you add in a permission so users can move their own threads which means less work for moderators moving the threads?

I will investigate if this is possible. Thanks for the suggestion.

I just uploaded a new version to the mod site of this plugins. This version adds 3 more permissions to the extra permissions:
- can post links (on by default)
- can post images (on by default)
- can post videos (on by default)

Please read the install and upgrade instructions in the install.txt file.

These permissions, just as the others, can be set globally for each usergroup but this can be overridden for each forum for each usergroup.

If you want to restrict any of these permissions based on the number of posts, reputation, referrals, ... a user has you can set up Group Promotions. More info:
Wiki: Group Promotions
Restricting access to a forum using group promotions

Check the first post.
I might be the only guy who has this problem, but I follow your directions & still the plug-in does not show up in my AdminCP/Plug-ins to activate. I have tried many things, but the instructions don't seem to make sense to me..

I have done this, both the folder & the file are in my path "public_html/mysite.com/forums/inc/plugins" yet nothing shows up..
Copy both the extraforumperm-folder and the extraforumperm.php file into /path/to/mybb/inc/plugins/
Other plugins are showing up?
There might be a problem with file/folder permissions. Make sure the file has mode 644 and the folder has 755.
Thanks Aries-Belgium, really nice work.
(2011-05-19, 03:29 AM)xpserkan Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Aries-Belgium, really nice work.

Thank you Wink
Can ask for some new feature?:

Only original poster and moderator can post (like mybb Private Inquiries)
Deactivate avatar on this forum
Deactivate signatures on this forum

If not possible it will still being a excellent plugin Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5