MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How's My Website Looking So Far?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Too many forums, not enough content.
Why would I need to? I bought the theme, so I should be able to use the images?
(2011-05-23, 10:58 PM)NewGamingEra Wrote: [ -> ]Why would I need to? I bought the theme, so I should be able to use the images?

Oops, sorry, I thought you were using a different theme.
Way too many forums, skin is overused, 2 admins for 5 members... i actually thought you made a website to go with the site but you didn't
Keep in mind, guys, that this is a new forum. The content will come with the members, and the members will come with the adveritsing.
(2011-05-25, 09:26 PM)NewGamingEra Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind, guys, that this is a new forum. The content will come with the members, and the members will come with the adveritsing.

Not true, if members have nothing to read they won't stick around as most new members will not start threads straight away they normally reply to existing threads first. You will need to put in more effort yourself if you want to succeed there are many gaming forums out there already.
I'm not looking to be the best. Time will solve all things. I've got a few members posting already, and I'm holding a posting and referring contest. Also, I'm advertising on a lot of website advertising sites, and I'm going to send mass e-mails. Don't be too quick to judge me.
(2011-05-25, 09:26 PM)NewGamingEra Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind, guys, that this is a new forum. The content will come with the members, and the members will come with the adveritsing.

Your logic is flawed.

The content won't come with the members, the members will come with the content. If you goto wal-mart and there are no items to buy, why will you stay at wal-mart? You'll goto target where you can actually buy stuff. You're not going to stay at wal-mart just because there are a couple other people shopping there...

That was a horrible example but I think it got my point across? People are not going to stay on your site if you have no content. People won't even register. Would YOU join a site with no discussion going on? No... not unless you were going to be an admin or something...

Members come with content, content needs to be made by you (during the starting of your site), and advertising will bring guests to your site, but the content is what makes them register.

And also... your theme is horrid IMO. And you have way to many forums and tabs. I think you can get rid of some?

Quote:I'm not looking to be the best.
Lolwut? Why did you make a site if you're not trying to be the best?

Quote: Time will solve all things.
Time solves nothing. Hard work and dedication does.
What do you not like about the theme? And being the best is having unrealistic expectations.
(2011-05-25, 10:57 PM)NewGamingEra Wrote: [ -> ]What do you not like about the theme? And being the best is having unrealistic expectations.

I would tell you if I could but I can't Toungue

It just... doesn't look right...

And aiming to be the best isn't having unrealistic expectations, it's having SOME expectations. If you just make a site and say, meh, I know I'm not going to be the best, then your site will always be sub-par, because you'll say, meh, it's good enough, when you should be saying, no, it's not good enough.

If you aim to be the best then you'll always try your hardest to keep improving your site, where as if you're going to say that you know you can't be the best so you're not going to try for it, then your site will be nice, but not as nice as it could be.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6