MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How's My Website Looking So Far?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2011-05-28, 06:52 PM)NewGamingEra Wrote: [ -> ]No, useless review as in you're telling me the same thing over and over again, like I didn't know that?
The same things are told over and over because the issues are still there. If you already know it and corrected it, then why would anyone say them over and over.

Quote:And News & Announcements, I update regularly, I like to keep the members informed. And apparently they like it too, because they post feedback on that thread.
Its good that you keep members informed by updating Announcements section. Likewise do update other sections too, and you will surely find good activity there too.

Quote:And Reverse is moderator of the Graphics section because she's been working with graphics for a while, she made the logo, and her sigs are beautiful. It just gave her an edge that she helped donate.
Where's the part that I said I would spam individuals with a link?
The logo is not so bad, but it still needs improvements, especially in those Text.

Quote:You guys give harsh criticism. You may call it criticism, but with criticism should also come compliments. It's like you're only doing this to bash websites and not point out the good in them. And don't tell me there's nothing good about my forum.
There are good things about your forum, you got a good TLD, you host in a dedicated server (I saw somewhere in your forum). That's good. But what can you do with compliments? Only criticism and suggestions can help you develop.
I like your review, kavin.

And, I just cleaned everything up. And I started posting in the 'uninhabited' sections, as well as my members. We have reached a little more than 840 posts and 135 threads with only 16 members!

(2011-05-29, 02:30 AM)NewGamingEra Wrote: [ -> ]I like your review, kavin.

And, I just cleaned everything up. And I started posting in the 'uninhabited' sections, as well as my members. We have reached a little more than 840 posts and 135 threads with only 16 members!

That's 135 posts in 54 (from what I counted) forums showing on the front page!! nothing much to brag about when looked at that way, and that doesn't include any "sub forums" that are added to categories!

I didn't bother reading through all the other pages here at MyBB....Just posting my opinion since the forum is being showcased here.

Good luck with it all. Smile

If you're aware of the issues, why aren't you trying to solve them?

I'm criticizing the fact that the most popular forums on a GAMING forums, is the News & Announcements forums. You severely lack content.

http://www.ngeforums.net/showthread.php?tid=100
Mass e-mails =/= Spam

I'm a critical person, I state what needs to be stated. Frankly I don't care how you feel, - if you're feeling depressed or emotional you should consider speaking to a therapist.

When I point out the wrongs, I'm actually (believe it or not) helping you. That is the "compliment" I am giving you.

-Get rid of shoutbox/chatbox
-Under the "Gaming At Its Finest." tab, remove some games. Focus on one, or even two. Create new forums when your member base grows.

Quote:You guys give harsh criticism. You may call it criticism, but with criticism should also come compliments. It's like you're only doing this to bash websites and not point out the good in them. And don't tell me there's nothing good about my forum.

(2011-05-28, 06:52 PM)NewGamingEra Wrote: [ -> ]No, useless review as in you're telling me the same thing over and over again, like I didn't know that?

And News & Announcements, I update regularly, I like to keep the members informed. And apparently they like it too, because they post feedback on that thread.

And Reverse is moderator of the Graphics section because she's been working with graphics for a while, she made the logo, and her sigs are beautiful. It just gave her an edge that she helped donate.
Where's the part that I said I would spam individuals with a link?

You guys give harsh criticism. You may call it criticism, but with criticism should also come compliments. It's like you're only doing this to bash websites and not point out the good in them. And don't tell me there's nothing good about my forum.

My forum can now be accessed using http://www.ngeforums.net

Alright. Richard. I'll get to that ASAP. On my iPod currently. Thanks for the criticism.
-Theme completely changed-
-Added new things-
-More content/posts-

Check it out now, guys.
Looks a lot better. Just one quick suggestion, make the active Tab color black and other tab links white.

Because White is more easy to see in tabs.
Well thank you all for giving some awesone reviews,as u provided one good entertainment fir me whike getting bored iff browsing forums...lol

Also few quotes by we the green people,kavin and richard were really true and awesome.

Coming to the review part : i didnt have had a chance at ur previous theme,but the present is better,but this dosent suit for a gaming forum.

Second,i was laughing as well my frnds when we just saw some tabs sections labelled "school" ,user improvement (?????????? I think it should ve suggestions,i found feed back forum to report bugs,why there is a need for this again Smile )
Brother u bought a domain that has name meaning gaming only!!!!! XD
Gaming forum needs discussions of only games,but not the highschool issues(r u also including games that will be conducted in school competetions xD)

Third try to make ur attitude accept bitter responses,u can notice that all are giving valuable suggestions in previous threads,and u r ignoring them all,and trying to just take cover and defending.

Also a note always try to be the one among all,but not along with all.
My fav quote " shoot to the moon and you will be among the stars" which my english teacher used to say in
My elementary school,i still follow even i am a doctor now. Smile
So try to be best,if u try with dedication u will succeed for sure.

I jope u recieve these as positive as u can,and work hard on ur forum,and try making it one big community.

My quick suggestions : remove all non gaming sections,give a game related background,make tabs text more clear,remove shout box,concentrate on content but not on advertising Smile,

Get a new theme custom made by any developer,

make better sections like gaming developers interviews,about various gaming companies,games current,past and present like that.....

Finally all the best with ur forum. Smile

Thank you for the amazing review, envira! I will get started on your suggestions as soon as I have a chance to get back on my comp. Wink

In maintenance right now, not accessible, just fyi.
The theme does look better then your other one, it can use more work though.
Your tabs doesn't fit with the theme either.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6