MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How's My Website Looking So Far?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
You said you modified the theme therefore copyright still has to be in place. And to be honest how old are you? You seem like a 5 year old kid in the basement.
Guys, don't scare this guy off. Jessie will never DMCA someone unless has (Or attempted) to make contact with them first. Now I am a member of staff at Dynaxel, however, I am not able to tell if your theme modifications are extensive enough. Jessie will probably see this thread at some point but you might want to PM him and point him towards it.
(2011-05-28, 09:27 AM)itheme Wrote: [ -> ]You said you modified the theme therefore copyright still has to be in place. And to be honest how old are you? You seem like a 5 year old kid in the basement.

Wrong, if it is modified extensively enough it can be removed.
If anything thiss is part of the license

"5. Branding Removal
A "Branding Removal license" lets you remove Dynaxel's copyright graphic from one of our designs (of your choice). The license is perpetual (it does not expire) and is purchasable separately for each of Dynaxel's designs. The Branding Removal license is just a license to remove Dynaxel's copyright graphic from the footer of pages that your clients can see and nothing more. All the other conditions from the Usage Restrictions Agreement still apply, meaning:

You cannot brand the content/design under your name and/or claim that content/design from Dynaxel is content produced by you.
You cannot use content/design as foundation for your own designs.
You cannot redistribute the content/design.

Simply put, Branding Removal gives you license to remove Dynaxel's copyright graphic from the footer, but it does not give you license to re-brand any of Dynaxel's content/designs and sell it as your own content. If you wish to purchase a Branding Removal License, please contact the management of Dynaxel through the community forums.

All content produced by Dynaxel, © 2010-2011 all rights reserved. This document is governed by the laws of Canada and International Laws."

You need to buy copyright removal then.

Also in Item 4 it states that

You are NOT permitted to:

Use commercial content for any commercial purposes.
Redistribute commercial content to other people or "mirror" content on other servers.
Use commercial content as foundation for your own designs, programming, or other personal projects.
Remove copyright backlink(s) to Dynaxel.com from commercial content.

Source: http://dynaxel.com/forums/tou.php
(2011-05-28, 09:32 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Wrong, if it is modified extensively enough it can be removed.

Yeah! But apart from the fact that he edited images and container a little, i see most of the components of theme still in use.
This thread is useless. I opened it for reviews and no one's giving me any.

Anyways, I was just going by someone who told me that you could remove the copyright if you edited the theme stylesheeets/templates.

Whatever. Can someone please close this thread now? I'm going to PM Jessie and ask him whether it's okay or not.
(2011-05-28, 02:06 PM)NewGamingEra Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways, I was just going by someone who told me that you could remove the copyright if you edited the theme stylesheeets/templates.

Its different with every Terms of Usage/Service, but with ours we require you to keep the copyright intact regardless of the amount of edits you make to the design. I have to say though, after taking a quick look over your theme, there is only a couple things that resemble parts from Dark Fusion, however if I let you remove the copyright that would be unfair to others who use our theme as a base for their own designs in the future. I'm going to ask that you add our copyright back in, it can be something as simple as "Dynaxel Design" with that linking back to our domain. Thanks for your cooperation Smile
No problem, Jessie. Thanks for clearing it up.
(2011-05-28, 02:06 PM)NewGamingEra Wrote: [ -> ]This thread is useless. I opened it for reviews and no one's giving me any.

You got many. We said you have many unwanted categories and Forums. We suggested to improve content, and we do suggested some design aspects too.
Aren't they count as reviews? Please understand that you have to expect criticism too, and take it in a positive way. Analyze what others say and try to correct your mistakes.
That's the only way to improve yourself. If you don't want anyone to provide any suggestion, then "Showcase" isn't even necessary.
http://www.ngeforums.net/showthread.php?tid=74
Quote:Please give a hearty congratulations and thank you to Reverse!

She has gone over and beyond the level of expectation given to her. She has created the logo from scratch, posted several times to promote forum activity, and is going to donate so that NGE can have its own TLD!

She is just fantastic. She is now also a section moderator for the Graphics section, as well as a contributor for life.

Thank you, Reverse!
(2011-05-28, 02:46 AM)NewGamingEra Wrote: [ -> ]At 2 above, I changed the theme as in I modified it.

At above, I didn't rip, the only thing I got helps with was the vbnavbar, and what's with all the talk about content? There's a lot of posts and discussions going already. Am I supposed to get like 60000 threads and posts, and awesome cheats/exploits for games before I get any members?

Also, no, the person that was going to help us get the TLD is not staff., I don't know who you're talking about. My co-admin has come up with the money himself and we're purchasing the domain tonight. Sorry if I left a few things out, typing on my iPod.

Actually I've pointed out many issues with your website and you have not comment on any.

Spamming individuals with a link to your forums will not help you increase your member base.

I'm going to be blatant and say what I "actually" meant regarding your logo - it looks like garbage.

According to your forum statistics the News & Announcements forum is the most "popular" forum, on your forums.

How the hell is that possible on a gaming forums?

(2011-05-28, 02:06 PM)NewGamingEra Wrote: [ -> ]This thread is useless. I opened it for reviews and no one's giving me any.

Anyways, I was just going by someone who told me that you could remove the copyright if you edited the theme stylesheeets/templates.

Whatever. Can someone please close this thread now? I'm going to PM Jessie and ask him whether it's okay or not.

No, useless review as in you're telling me the same thing over and over again, like I didn't know that?

And News & Announcements, I update regularly, I like to keep the members informed. And apparently they like it too, because they post feedback on that thread.

And Reverse is moderator of the Graphics section because she's been working with graphics for a while, she made the logo, and her sigs are beautiful. It just gave her an edge that she helped donate.
Where's the part that I said I would spam individuals with a link?

You guys give harsh criticism. You may call it criticism, but with criticism should also come compliments. It's like you're only doing this to bash websites and not point out the good in them. And don't tell me there's nothing good about my forum.

My forum can now be accessed using http://www.ngeforums.net
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6