MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How's My Website Looking So Far?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I have changed the theme!! Looks good if I may say so myself. (Edited it all by myself. *Pride*)
You call replacing a few images and changing the header a bit a new theme? Wow.
The font used in your logo is pretty.. disgusting.
Slogan is barley seen.

The new changes you've made to your forum looks like it's been ripped out of another theme. The background is okay but definitely not the best (it's small and it cuts off).

News & Announcements (74 posts, 14 threads). How is it New & Announcements is your most popular forum, in a gaming forums.

I read http://www.newgamingera.co.cc/showthread.php?tid=100 - where you state to your members the forums should be receiving a lot of traffic soon. I just want to let you know that these "visitors" will not convert to new members to your website.

Think of it this way - why would someone go to a barber with no scissors?
(barber = your forum, scissors = content)
Users are attracted to content. You've already made it quite difficult on yourself by focusing on dozens of games (it's easier if you focus on one particular game)

I find it odd you needed a help from a member to purchase a TLD ($10 per year). It's even more odd that, that member is now a moderator on your forums.
At 2 above, I changed the theme as in I modified it.

At above, I didn't rip, the only thing I got helps with was the vbnavbar, and what's with all the talk about content? There's a lot of posts and discussions going already. Am I supposed to get like 60000 threads and posts, and awesome cheats/exploits for games before I get any members?

Also, no, the person that was going to help us get the TLD is not staff., I don't know who you're talking about. My co-admin has come up with the money himself and we're purchasing the domain tonight. Sorry if I left a few things out, typing on my iPod.
Try to remove some forums, as you have way too much.
What does "eStuff, Educational Matters and Media Arts" have to do with a gaming forum?

Start with few number of forums, make sure all of them have atleast 5-10 topics during topics and then open it for public.
When i created my forum, i had about 10 forums and made about 40 topics on them. I did post exchange with other admins in promotional forum, so that my forum will look active.
You can always add new forums, when there is a need for it.
You gonna put the copyright back a third time? Jesus, people have no respect.
No, I'm not. You can barely tell it's even his theme anymore.

I don't mean to come off as rude, (sorry if I do) but with all due respect, someone told me, if you can tell it's from a theme, leave the copyright. My theme and templates are completely modified. There are no unique and distinct characteristics of Dark Fusion that are visible. If Jessie requests that I put it back on;however, I will.

NGEforums.net will be purchased tomorrow morning, everyone. The forums should go uphill from here. We have over 600 posts, we're aiming for members right now.
(2011-05-28, 04:22 AM)NewGamingEra Wrote: [ -> ]No, I'm not. You can barely tell it's even his theme anymore.

I don't mean to come off as rude, (sorry if I do) but with all due respect, someone told me, if you can tell it's from a theme, leave the copyright. My theme and templates are completely modified. There are no unique and distinct characteristics of Dark Fusion that are visible. If Jessie requests that I put it back on;however, I will.

NGEforums.net will be purchased tomorrow morning, everyone. The forums should go uphill from here. We have over 600 posts, we're aiming for members right now.

I can surely tell that it is his theme.
(2011-05-28, 04:22 AM)NewGamingEra Wrote: [ -> ]No, I'm not. You can barely tell it's even his theme anymore.

If you don't want to put his copyright, then why did you use it as the base. Why don't you develop your own theme based of MyBB default theme?

This line of thinking is a one way ticket to a DCMA ban from your host..

You have 3 options at this point (by the way you need to decide quickly before its too late)..

1. Add the copyright asap before Jessie DCMA's your #$$
2. Start from the MyBB default theme and come up with your own theme
3. Upload another theme and start the same process all over again of you thinking that your small edits warant you removing the copyright..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6