MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How's My Website Looking So Far?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Oh, believe me, I'm a dedicated administrator. I try, I promote, I post on my forums. I inform. I care about the members. My goal is to be a big forum, doesn't have to be the best.

Uhh... what do you mean it doesn't look right? Is it because of the image on the right?
(2011-05-25, 10:39 PM)NewGamingEra Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not looking to be the best. Time will solve all things. I've got a few members posting already, and I'm holding a posting and referring contest. Also, I'm advertising on a lot of website advertising sites, and I'm going to send mass e-mails. Don't be too quick to judge me.

You should try and be the best that's how people are successful.
Try to be the best. Even if you don't succeed in being the best forum in the world, at least you (should) have a happy and dedicated user base and your forum will still be very good. Gaming and Tech forums (like mine) are an oversaturated forum niche. Yet there are still those that grow even when there are other much bigger forums around.

I would design your own unique theme, and make your forum have something that no forum has, and advertise that. But before you waste your time advertising and stuff, give your forum a lot of content. If you have to, create a few accounts for yourself and having discussions with yourself. Or hire paid posting.
Design
Forum theme looks really bad. Looks like you combined three themes into one.
There's scan lines on the right side of the background, and on the left side it's completely plain.
Then you have these uneven borders.
A navigation that doesn't really "fit".
And tabs that do not match your theme.

The forum icons ( like http://www.newgamingera.co.cc/images/dar..._quote.gif that shows up on the theme you're using currently) does not match your theme.

In other words it looks really poorly done.

Forums
Forums under the "The New Gaming Era Begins." parent forum - a long list of online games more then half with zero content.

Then we have the "Media Arts" parent forum - again four forums under there with zero content. What does songwriting have to do with gaming?

Then comes the "Getting Smart - Education Matters!" parent forums - of course yet again zero content. You have a "General Guides" forum, a "Homework Help" forum, "Real School - College & Careers", and then "Programming & Coding". So that's one forum related to general discussions, two forums related to school, and a forum for coding.

Your forums seems to be oriented in gaming (I figured, you know - considering the name of your forums) but most of your forums are too general.

(2011-05-25, 10:39 PM)NewGamingEra Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not looking to be the best. Time will solve all things. I've got a few members posting already, and I'm holding a posting and referring contest. Also, I'm advertising on a lot of website advertising sites, and I'm going to send mass e-mails. Don't be too quick to judge me.
Save those poor individuals with the spam mail (forcing them to join your empty forums, did you think it through?)

(2011-05-25, 11:08 PM)NewGamingEra Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, believe me, I'm a dedicated administrator. I try, I promote, I post on my forums. I inform. I care about the members. My goal is to be a big forum, doesn't have to be the best.

Uhh... what do you mean it doesn't look right? Is it because of the image on the right?
Your claiming you're a dedicated administrator - how can you explain for all these empty forums? Content doesn't just magically appear my friend..

The site is really messed up on my computer. 1024x768 resolution using Google Chrome web browser.
Thanks for the feedback. It seems as if everyone hates the theme. I'll change it ASAP..
How about now, guys? Members are starting to post a lot, and I think I got the ball rolling.
Just keep the members posting and youll do fine
Replace Jessie's copyright any time soon?
Didn't notice that. Good observation, Jason.
Sorry. Fixed.

Right now I'm fixing the image on the right to match the colors of the theme.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6