MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who do you use for hosting MyBB???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I got a free account with Hostable.com ... but they gave everybody else and their brother a free account, too. So I'm thinking that their MySQL daemon(s) are getting a little overloaded??

I've used FreeForums.org for hosting a phpBB3, and they really seem to keep it up most of the time. They do tinker a good bit, but have never had any issues with data loss. I think they tune MySQL for what it is they're actually doing, and since they have a large support forum, they know when problems arise instantly. They seem to keep it fairly fast, considering the extra stuff they add on (ads, user tracking, etc.).

For comparison's sake, my Hostable MyBB forum can be seen at <REMOVED; believe me, the Free Hostable account was WAY slow> ; while my FreeForums phpBB forum can be seen at http://Freemen.Freeforums.org

I don't know about you, but the MyBB forum seems kinda slow to me, and there's only one thread with two posts in it!! I'm sure it's not MyBB's fault, however, so this leads me to my questions...

What host do YOU use??

And do you know of any host that deals specifically with forum hosting (even more specifically myBB hosting, that includes domain parking)??

EDIT: MyBB is fast. Free accounts are not always good, but freeforums does an OK job, I guess. I needed a forum in an instant, and I got it. But my next project can't involve other people controlling the data!!
000webhost.com is what i use
(2011-07-09, 03:50 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Try this: http://www.mybbwebhost.com/

(2011-07-10, 04:11 AM)alsoyoutube Wrote: [ -> ]000webhost.com is what i use

You'll regret that.

@OP - I use hostsign.co.uk (3 VPS's), serverdragon.com(1 VPS) and shockinghost.com (1 VPS)
(2011-07-10, 04:52 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-07-10, 04:11 AM)alsoyoutube Wrote: [ -> ]000webhost.com is what i use

You'll regret that.

@OP - I use hostsign.co.uk (3 VPS's), serverdragon.com(1 VPS) and shockinghost.com (1 VPS)

why?
(2011-07-10, 05:07 AM)alsoyoutube Wrote: [ -> ]why?

1. They pack hundreds of thousands of accounts onto one server.

2. They provide you with a subdomain, which will make your site fail.

3. They often 'review' sites, rendering your site inoperable.

4. They're servers are very slow because of point 1

5. It's free.

If you want people to take you seriously, you'd at least buy shared hosting for a few $ a month.

I have a VPS from KGNinfosystems.in and a shared hosting from Hostable.com (which i mainly use for testing stuffs).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6