MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pokemon Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
So yeah. I haven't really done a lot of downloading on the forum (as shown by a poll in the News/Announcements forum), so don't expect a lot.
It (IMO) is just a basic forum- with a really epic logo (jk).

We're looking for activity and ways to make the forum better. Here's the link:

http://www.international.mybbnew.com

^^Active users/help welcomed.
Definatly new skin, new domain and less staff you have 4 members of which all are staff.
The skin was debated...and nobody could decide.
New domain?
And the staff...that was to prepare for when we have more members.
Hmm. You can always recruit new members once your Forum becomes active. Having them on beginning isn't a good idea.

Also, if you wish to make it successful, you should get a proper domain.
...which I don't know how to do. Could you explain that?
Theme seems okay. Maybe get a suitable logo and I hate saying this, but you do need a better domain. (get all of your staff to club together $2.50 trust me it will be worth it.)
Also more content needs adding. Your game threads seem active whilst the rest doesnt.
Once you improve all of these I may sign up.

I'm just going to say this...we can't afford to pay for anything. If it's free, we'll take it. If it costs money, we won't do that.
As for the theme...we're working on that right now. ;D
And more content? Such as?
[Image: mw9tli.gif]

Excellent Logo /Sarcasm Toungue

Yeah, you're going to need to make a fitting logo to match the theme.

A free domain you need? Go check out dot.tk

It's free, I don't like TK, but it's short and should be fairly easy to remember for most users.

Your forum seems to offer absolutely nothing new to what existing Pokemon forums already does...

It seems solely a place to discuss Pokemon, but what stops people from doing that in off-topic sections of every other forum out there? Like here on MyBB?
(2011-07-13, 02:35 PM)Future Paradise Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just going to say this...we can't afford to pay for anything. If it's free, we'll take it. If it costs money, we won't do that.
As for the theme...we're working on that right now. ;D
And more content? Such as?

As a pokemon fan theres plenty.
Tips and tricks to new pokemon players.
guides, walkthroughs and background information. Start discussions on your favorite pokemon, favorite region, favorite Gym. Ask questions on pokemon and start discussions. On thing I have learnt in setting up a forum is you need to work at it. Theres no point setting up a forum and hoping to go to bed and waking up finding it filled with content. Its like right now I am filling my forum with at least ten threads a day. I am planning on making videos on all the monsters ever featured in Doctor Who, All the companions and then eventually a video on every Doctor. I have only been open two days and I already have
Quote:Our members have made a total of 153 posts in 64 threads
by Monday that stats will be tripped because I am working at it.

Also can I ask why you have four staff members. I have two. Myself and my partner.

Also who is your hosting provider?
I now have three- one doesn't post in the club (on a different forum) anymore, so I demoted him.
As for the other two: they're both active in both the forum and the club.

And I'm pretty sure it's MyBBNew.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6