MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CloudFlare Manager [1.0 Beta 3.1]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I've been working on this plugin for quite a while now. I know that the CloudFlare team took quite an interest in this, so I've decided to release it.

The current release is 1.0 Beta 3.1.

This plugin is only compatible with the MyBB 1.6 series.

First of all, I'd like to introduce CloudFlare to those who haven't used it before.

CloudFlare protects and accelerates any website online. Once your website is a part of the CloudFlare community, its web traffic is routed through our intelligent global network. We automatically optimize the delivery of your web pages so your visitors get the fastest page load times and best performance. We also block threats and limit abusive bots and crawlers from wasting your bandwidth and server resources. The result: CloudFlare-powered websites see a significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks.

CloudFlare's system gets faster and smarter as our community of users grows larger. We have designed the system to scale with our goal in mind: helping power and protect the entire Internet.

CloudFlare can be used by anyone with a website and their own domain, regardless of your choice in platform. From start to finish, setup takes most website owners less than 5 minutes. Adding your website requires only a simple change to your domain's DNS settings. There is no hardware or software to install or maintain and you do not need to change any of your site's existing code. If you are ever unhappy you can turn CloudFlare off as easily as you turned it on. Our core service is free and we offer enhanced services for websites who need extra features like real time reporting or SSL.

Please note that I do not work for CloudFlare. I will provide support for this plugin, and it's features, but I cannot provide support regarding your CloudFlare account, DNS issues, or anything that is not directly related to this plugin. For such support, please visit CloudFlare.com.

This plugin works by connecting to the CloudFlare servers via their API system. API calls are rate-limited to 1,200 every 5 minutes, which is more than enough even without any caching.

Main Features:
  • Ability to enter development mode where CloudFlare is temporarily disabled. You'll see how long until it's enabled when you click on the module again.
  • Ability to change the security level.
  • Ability to black list an IP.
  • Ability to white list an IP.
  • Ability to challenge a certain computer with a captcha code, and remove a challenge from a certain computer.
  • Ability to view recent visitors from the last 24 hours or 48 hours, and group them by type (Regular visitor, spider or threat) with GeoIP support.
  • Ability update the snapshot of the site which is shown on the challenge page.
  • Ability to change how aggressive the cache is.
  • Ability to purge the cache of resources (Useful when changing CSS or images)
  • Ability to purge the preloader cache of resources (Pro accounts only)
  • Ability to enable/disable IPv6/4 support.
  • Ability to view bandwidth, traffic, and request statistics (Now with percentages!).
  • Ability to lookup IP address information directly from the ACP via Whois.
  • Ability to view the top 10 threats to your forum. (With GeoIP support)
  • Ability to report spam to CloudFlare via the postbit.

Other Features:
  • Provides useful quick links to areas on the CloudFlare website.
  • Ability to check how many calls are left (Uses a call to do so, ironically).
  • Can check for newer releases without any hassle.
  • Detailed change log information built in.
  • Advanced bug reporting system.
  • Optionally, can show the IP address DNS on Recent Visitors.
  • Ability to check the latest Tweets from @CloudFlare and @CloudFlareSys

Installation:

Upload all files to your forum root.

Navigate to ACP > Configuration > Plugins > Install and activate the CloudFlare Manager plugin.

Configuration:

Navigate to ACP > Configuration > CloudFlare Manager

The Domain should be left as default, unless by chance it's not the domain you have installed CloudFlare on.

The Email field should be set to the email address you use to login to CloudFlare.com

The API Key you can generate here.

You will now notice a new tab next to Tools & Maintenance. Click on the tab and check the DNS Status. If it's green then everything is fine. If it's red then you need to update your name servers to the ones provided by CloudFlare whilst adding your domain.

Upgrading from 1.0 Alpha 1 to 1.0 Alpha 2:

Navigate to ACP > Configuration > Plugins and uninstall then reinstall the CloudFlare plugin.

Navigate to ACP > Configuration > CloudFlare Manager and follow the steps provided above.

Upgrading from 1.0 Alpha 1/2 to 1.0 Alpha 3:

Navigate to ACP > Configuration > Plugins and uninstall then reinstall the CloudFlare Manager plugin.

Navigate to ACP > Configuration > CloudFlare Manager and follow the steps provided above.

Upgrading from 1.0 Alpha 1/2/3 to 1.0 Beta 1:

Navigate to ACP > Configuration > Plugins and uninstall then reinstall the CloudFlare Manager plugin.

Upgrading from 1.0 Alpha 1/2/3 or 1.0 Beta 1 to 1.0 Beta 2:

Upgrading from 1.0 Alpha 1/2/3 or 1.0 Beta 1/2 to Beta 2.1:

You can view the change log via the CloudFlare Manager tab.

Upgrading from 1.0 Alpha 1/2/3 or 1.0 Beta 1/2/2.1 to Beta 3:

Upgrading from 1.0 Alpha 1/2/3 or 1.0 Beta 1/2/2.1/3 to Beta 3.1:

I guess I've said enough. I'd like to thank the CloudFlare team with their help with this, specifically Michelle, John and Damon but everyone there deserves a round of applause.

Download:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/cloudflare-manager
http://www.mybbsecurity.net/topic-cloudf...ger-beta-2

Thanks,
Nathan Malcolm.
Awesome Smile
its make overload on my site and hosting support notice me after that i was removed this plugin
Question, How can I fully un-install this one?
Currently I stop using cloudflare, sometimes my site display's offline Sad

After Uninstall in plugin area, the Cloudflare manager is still there.
(2011-10-06, 09:53 PM)mybbtheme Wrote: [ -> ]its make overload on my site and hosting support notice me after that i was removed this plugin

Probably because of the calls. It makes quite a few connections via cURL.

(2011-10-07, 12:23 AM)nadlerz Wrote: [ -> ]Question, How can I fully un-install this one?
Currently I stop using cloudflare, sometimes my site display's offline Sad

After Uninstall in plugin area, the Cloudflare manager is still there.

Delete the files.
How about in the Database?
Their's something remains or not?
Thanks!
When you uninstall it, it should remove everything from the database.
Thanks again!
(2011-10-08, 03:39 PM)Bapun Raz Wrote: [ -> ]Congrts on your first plugin.Simply awesome. Smile
Doubt its his first because of how simply amazing this plugin is.
A great addition to the mybb plugins gallery!
Looks like a good plugin. I'll give it a try later on Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12