MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Like system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
lolol. Maybe you should look under the "Forum Posts" section where it says "Message Rating" at the link you just posted.

I know exactly what a forum software is, thank you.
Gosh, Message rating is the stars you have near each message (thread); example this thread has 2 stars out of 5.
When you like a post you don't give it a rating. I hope that you know that!
I am against including a like system, but it is likely that we will be upgrading the reputation system to have more functionality.
(2012-02-12, 02:22 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]Gosh, Message rating is the stars you have near each message (thread); example this thread has 2 stars out of 5.
When you like a post you don't give it a rating. I hope that you know that!

Um... no it isn't? Thread Rating probably isn't on that list because the three biggest commercial softwares don't use it.

Message Rating means exactly what is sounds like it means. A way to rate a message. And quite honestly, the current reputation system can't do that very well, at least not for users to see so they can understand what's helpful or what's not. Call the whatever you like (Thanks, +1, etc), I just personally want some version of likes so people can identify a post as quality or not.
Good post = people rep it, or don't mention it at all
Bad post = a flame war and bashing results
I'd just like to mention that everyone has the right to have their own opinion. One thing's trying to show your point, another thing is trying to force other people to have it as well.

While some agree that a Like system should be included in 2.0, others do not. Personally I have nothing against and nothing in favor of it. It's something the team needs to take into account when planning that part of the system and will probably lead to internal discussion.
Besides, what's the point of 2.0 if it's only updating the template system and backend code. It'll just be a MyBB 1.6 (powered by Yii) if the good stuff are left out.
(2012-02-14, 02:50 PM)iDude Wrote: [ -> ]Besides, what's the point of 2.0 if it's only updating the template system and backend code. It'll just be a MyBB 1.6 (powered by Yii) if the good stuff are left out.

Who told you that we're only updating the template system and backend code? It's a complete rewrite. Everything will be different.
(2012-02-14, 03:16 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-14, 02:50 PM)iDude Wrote: [ -> ]Besides, what's the point of 2.0 if it's only updating the template system and backend code. It'll just be a MyBB 1.6 (powered by Yii) if the good stuff are left out.

Who told you that we're only updating the template system and backend code? It's a complete rewrite. Everything will be different.

I think he meant, if you guys don't accept features like "Like" system, then there's no point in a new version.

Okay, would you use MyBB if you could only use the default theme?? if you couldn't install your own theme??
Plugins are the same, you download and install them!

So why everyone want to integrate some already created plugins in core?

Theme = design customization
Plugin = code customization

I use Firefox, not because it's firefox, but because it has DownloadHelper and Adblock Plus plugins.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8