MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Like system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
^
It's confusing since you're posting on "Like system" thread, I thought you wanted to include that along with other features and make MyBB a modular system.

Well MyBB 2.0 is going to be different than the current version, that's a fact, we don't know about modular systems, but I won't be against that.

The only thing I don't want is to clutter the current system and gobble it up with as many features as people like, and suggest a "lightweight" 2.0 version of as little as 10MB.

[Image: smiley_angry.png]

But modular system sounds really a good idea. Smile
With a modular system it could be as lightweight as 10mb, and it would just not install the other packages.
Why is it being lightweight such a crucial issue to you, TheGarfield? Genuine question, not trying to be confrontational.
(2012-02-16, 12:28 AM)Malphas Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it being lightweight such a crucial issue to you, TheGarfield? Genuine question, not trying to be confrontational.

The more MB it is, the more code it has, the more bug it contains, the more vulnerable my board is.
No, I don't want a 10MB system.
(2012-02-16, 12:56 AM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-16, 12:28 AM)Malphas Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it being lightweight such a crucial issue to you, TheGarfield? Genuine question, not trying to be confrontational.

The more MB it is, the more code it has, the more bug it contains, the more vulnerable my board is.

More queries too on modifications. Sure, you could argue that it'd be within the settings query, but more code = more processing and time...

That is in addition to the above...
Fair points. I just wonder how much of a difference it makes in the real world, I guess.
(2012-02-16, 12:56 AM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]

Having more code wouldn't mean it will have more vulnerability. And frameworks does have lot of inbuilt security measure like cleaning input before sending it to database (It does in CI, so it should probably be in Yii too).

4 years before, a forum software with basic features would look good. But look what we have today. We need more powerful ones. So 4 years from now, we would be needing much more features.
Wishing MyBB should stay within 10MB size forever will make it lag behind.
hello ppl, my first post...searching for a like function on mybb 1.6.8 come here... there's not exist a plugin for a like system yet or can find one? can point me where if it exist?

about core vs plugin features... a poll with the (say 20) most requested features can show some light on what is more common to make it available Smile

Greetings from Argentina and sorry if I write something wrong (speak in spanish).

- MetalPower
You should try xekko.net's post rep plugin
thanks!

your response is a real candidate to have a "thank you" button on this forum (as a example Big Grin )

(2012-07-05, 02:13 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]You should try xekko.net's post rep plugin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8