MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Language and Charset Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Errrr, why didn't anyone pay attention to my previous post??? Sad
Or you don't know where the Search button is?

Suggestions I've made there (in linked thread) should be sufficient to migrate to 1.2 for non-latin databases. My forum works after applying most of them and I don't understand what is keeping off the staff to update/bugfix current version (at least with beta) as this applies to all international forums and should be prioritized.

Language pack (and whole forum's charset) in 1.2 should be in UTF-8 if you don't want any troubles.
The euro sign is also a problem.

€ outputs â on my (upgraded) board.
Right, I posted about this here awhile ago but still haven't gotten a fix.

When I change my charset to x-sjis it breaks Ajax. Like, I can open quick edit, but when I save the changes - it never saves. It just keeps loading and loading..

But when I have my charset set to UTF-8, Ajax works fine. But it breaks my Japanese.

So, how do I get Ajax to work with x-sjis/different charsets?
Why are you using x-sjis as your charset? use one of the ISO's
x-sjis is for Japanese. Before I set it, I did a search on what charset to use for Japanese/English websites, and x-sjis/shift jis was what everyone said to use.

And the Japanese and Japanese/English sites I visit all use x-sjis/Shift_JIS. So thats what I went with.
when I fix language to use charset ISO-8859-1.It 's problem.
before fix to ISO-8859-1 i use UTF-8.

ISO-8859-1 for thai
[attachment=4041]

UTF-8 for thai
[attachment=4042]

what is the name charset support thai.
ISO-8859-11 should be the correct ISO for thai.
Which charsets do I have all my characters work?
(Dutch language Toungue)
ISO's
Read there.
I guess I need ISO-8859-1, but I already was using that charset.. and I'm still having some problems. Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11