MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Language and Charset Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Any idea ?

Oktay Wrote:I can use quick edit with Firefox without any problem but When I use it with internet explorer some time it does not do any action somethimes it gives this error and spoils the Turkish Characters

Quote:I ????

??/textarea>
</div>
<div class="editor_control_bar" style="width: 99%; padding: 4px; margin-top: 3px; text-align: right;">
<input type="button" class="button" onclick="Thread.quickEditSave(7844);" value="Kaydet" />
<input type="button" class="button" onclick="Thread.quickEditCancel(7844);" value="?tal" />
</div>
<br style="clear: both;" />
</div>
<!-- end: xmlhttp_inline_post_editor --></form>
Any bugs in this thread got comfirmed by developers? Rolleyes
Right aligning for Hebrew:

Currently I don't have a running 1.2.x live board, But, when applied
"Is right to left" it got all wrong... so kindly fix it.

Language and Charset Problems:
Am afraid from updating to latest, since ALL the posts get gibberished,
I'm talking, again, about Hebrew.
Now, I looked up at the stickey post above, But it dont get figuered up.
sorry for the bad wording
The problem I posted in post #74 (page 8) is fixed after applying this hotfix from Microsoft.
I'm terribly sorry to re-post the same thread but its not clear whether the bug I found;
[Here is an image, encoding is set to UTF-8 by default]

That diamond [Image: 2lux7hj.png] is not supposed to appear
plus, how to temporarily fix it? All other chars are shown equally, EXCEPT in last post

It's clear to me that there is a special sticky for this subject but I've posted half a dozen comments there, with no consideration applied back to me.
I just found this possible solution.

http://tokyoahead.com/main/multifaq/index.php/10
Quote:How to convert a complete Database to Unicode (UTF-8), using Windows.
First, create a dump file (use Mysqldump or phpMyAdmin). Then, open the file in Notepad. Do NOT open in Wordpad or Word. Notepad can handle large files not too well, but if you take some time it works.

Then save the file directly after opening it to a new file, and select "Unicode" below the field for the filename.

Then, load the database back up to the server. Make sure you do not upload it as a binary file. Maybe Zip it before uploading. Reload the file into the database using:

mysql --user=root --password databasename file.txt

You will be prompted for the root password. The file will be read into the database "databasename".

I have a charset 1189-1 for DemocracyForums...I need it to be utf-8 for rss compliance. I am gonna give it a shot.
EDIT: the reason isnt't HTML tags which I wrongly supposed, but special chars in a forum using the ISO-8851-x encoding. Please see following posts for exact description. Topic name corrected, too.
Can you post the html which was used?
EDIT: wrong description of supposed HTML tags.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11