MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Language and Charset Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
OK, I waded through all that, but none of it explains why the double question marks are randomly placed through ENGLISH posts!!! I don't have a foreign language board, so why all the double question marks??
judel Wrote:OK, I waded through all that, but none of it explains why the double question marks are randomly placed through ENGLISH posts!!! I don't have a foreign language board, so why all the double question marks??

EXACTLY!! My post in this forum was deleted for some reason??? There certainly was not an answer to the question. I too have an ENGLISH forum with annoying "??" all over the place. They are not replacing any funky character.

Could someone PLEASE tell me how to get rid of them?
Your post wasn't deleted, Azcoyote...it was just moved to archived as a duplicate post *with a link to this thread*...but you're right! It would be nice if there was a query that would get rid of all instances of double question marks! Big Grin
I have a strange bug, don't know if it has already been reported. Each time I write "?" and if there is a space between the last letter and "?", "?" does not appear.

Example:

What are you doing ?

The "?" is invisible.

But if I write:

What are you doing?

It appears.
Maybe my mistake can help others.

I had some caracter problems because the carset of my board was iso-8859-1 (the language of the board is german and I changed the carset to iso-8859-1 in the deutsch_du.php) while the carset of the admin pannel was still UTF-8 (because I use english as admin language and didn't change the english.php).

So it's a good thing to check if all your language packages use the same carset.
pkfz
Several users over here reported problems with the quick edit function and umlauts in IE after the update from 1.2 to 1.2.1. After editing a post the umlauts appear as questionmarks.
I can use quick edit with Firefox without any problem but When I use it with internet explorer some time it does not do any action somethimes it gives this error and spoils the Turkish Characters

Quote:I ????

??/textarea>
</div>
<div class="editor_control_bar" style="width: 99%; padding: 4px; margin-top: 3px; text-align: right;">
<input type="button" class="button" onclick="Thread.quickEditSave(7844);" value="Kaydet" />
<input type="button" class="button" onclick="Thread.quickEditCancel(7844);" value="?tal" />
</div>
<br style="clear: both;" />
</div>
<!-- end: xmlhttp_inline_post_editor --></form>
OK, since my post in "General Support":
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=12668
did not get enough attention, now I report it as a bug.

Here's a Japanese clip copied from
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%A1%E...C%E3%82%B8

------------------------
メインページ
出典: フリー百科事典『ウィキペディア(Wikipedia)』
移動: ナビゲーション, 検索
簡易版メインページ
百科事典目次
他のプロジェクト

ウィキペディアへようこそ。ウィキペディアは自由にご利用頂ける百科事典です。現在、ウィキペディア日本語版には約267,644本の記事があります。基本方針に賛同して頂けるなら、どなたでも記事を投稿したり編集したりすることが出来ます。記事の書き方を読んでから、実際にサンドボックスで練習してみましょう。

ウィキペディア・コミュニティについてはコミュニティ・ポータルを参照してください。
----------------------

and a Chinese clip copied from
http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%AD%E...E%E7%A7%91
-----------------------
中文维基百科
维基百科,自由的百科全书
跳转到: 导航, 搜索

中文維基百科自2002年10月24日正式成立,是維基百科協作计划的中文版本,由非營利組織──維基媒體基金會維持負責,目前在各語言維基百科條目數排名中列第12名,截至2006年10月5日,中文版已擁有92,993个条目。
-----------------------

As you can see, there are some '?'s (question marks), which actually are bad codes appeared in this post.

If you check the original pages, there's no such bad code in them.

The database seems to store the data just fine, because if you edit the post (both in Quick Edit or Full Edit), the Japanese/Chinese clips show up as the original content (without '?'s/bad codes).

Please go to the wikipedia page, copy some clips and post in here and you'll see.

This post was posted from Firefox 1.5.0.7
Same content, posted in IE 6, it displays a little bit different, but sure there are bad codes also:

----------------------------------
メインページ
出典: フリー百科事典『ウィキペディア(Wikipedia)』
移動: ナビゲーション, 検索
簡易版メインページ
百科事典目次
他のプロジェクトウィキペディアへようこそ。ウィキペディアは自由にご利用頂ける百科事典です。現在、ウィキペディア日本語版には約267,673本の記事があります。基本方針に賛同して頂けるなら、どなたでも記事を投稿したり編集したりすることが出来ます。記事の書き方を読んでから、実際にサンドボックスで練習してみましょう。

ウィキペディア・コミュニティについてはコミュニティ・ポータルを参照してください。

中文维基百科
维基百科,自由的百科全书
跳转到: 导航, 搜索
中文維基百科自2002年10月24日正式成立,是維基百科協作计划的中文版本,由非營利組織──維基媒體基金會維持負責,目前在各語言維基百科條目數排名中列第12名,截至2006年10月5日,中文版已擁有92,993个条目。

For your convenience, I made a screenshot and put red circles on bad codes for you to see, see the attachment

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4300]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11