MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Elder Scrolls Online Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Mindblowingly awesome! I've always wanted to simplify forums. Remove as many elements that aren't needed. The MyBB Humanization project surely is one of the best things that happened to forums especially to MyBB!

How I wish the new version of MyBB built a base of something like the MyBB Humanization project. Big Grin
Wowwww, I'm happy to see my project influenced so many people. Though it's a bit strange to see elements so similar to mine, I'm sure I'll get used to it Toungue

I agree that Anxiety that things are a bit cramped, but overall there's nothing that jumps out at me as being egregious, just lots of areas for small improvements. I don't have time to go into it all right now, but if you're interested we can talk about it.

Great work, and thanks again for your support. Can I ask that you add a link to the Humanization Project in your credits?
(2012-08-03, 01:58 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Wowwww, I'm happy to see my project influenced so many people. Though it's a bit strange to see elements so similar to mine, I'm sure I'll get used to it Toungue

I agree that Anxiety that things are a bit cramped, but overall there's nothing that jumps out at me as being egregious, just lots of areas for small improvements. I don't have time to go into it all right now, but if you're interested we can talk about it.

Great work, and thanks again for your support. Can I ask that you add a link to the Humanization Project in your credits?

You don't have to worry about me. My coding skills are next to non-existent. Toungue
Haha. I hope MyBB will steal some of my ideas.
(2012-08-03, 01:59 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Haha. I hope MyBB will steal some of my ideas.

Jesus Christ so do I.
Really liking the theme, suits the game perfectly. The "like" feature is pretty cool, which displays the "+8" etc if I'm correct?
Thanks for the replies, everyone.
@Ewan: Yeah, likes are displayed underneath the avatars. I replaced the Reputation in favor of the more simple Thank You Like plugin. I don't like how reputation requires a pop up, optional comment, and how much reputation points to give in a drop-down. Too much stuff to do, I feel like it turns users off from actually giving rep. But a 1-click button? Easy enough.

(2012-08-03, 01:58 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Great work, and thanks again for your support. Can I ask that you add a link to the Humanization Project in your credits?

Added. I originally was going to, but wasn't sure on how lenient the "two links" rule was. I guess it's fine in this case with the images.
Added articles and videos sections to the forum, using Xthreads, a few days ago.

Due to the current lack of information about the game, these sections aren't really filled. Though, once more information and videos start rolling out, I'll get them filled up more.
I guess nobody is really interested anymore, but I'll bump this again with an update anyway.

Added a Guilds list section, using Xthreads. For a more in-depth look at it, take a look at the two posts in this topic: http://www.tesof.com/topic-work-in-progress-guilds-list

You could also just visit the section, but the post above shows a little more than what guests can see (such as creating newthreads).
Tecca, I stumbled upon this site the other day and really thought it was great work. Looking at your screenshots of areas and functions that I couldn't see as a guest, it's even better. (And secretly, I wish some some of those features were in the theme you made me! Toungue) You're hitting a niche (well, a game) that is untouched, and the forum has an official, RP-esque (as in, you've entered the world of TESOF when you visit the site) feel to it. I'm sure you've fixed it by now, but the editor looks at little funny with it's black and white look. I think the rest is really classy.

There's no background image on the right side of my screen, however. Is that intentional? (There's just one dude on the left.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8