MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Elder Scrolls Online Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2013-01-20, 07:05 AM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]It looks so nice. I seriously love what you are doing with this forum. You already have such a nice community and the game wasn't even released... That's impressive. Smile

Thanks, Irreligious!

We've hit the 30,000 post mark and our activity has been booming since the announcement of ESOs closed beta sign ups. We're expecting some great things to happen in the future.
I was looking at the Beta - I haven't got a chance Big Grin

I also think the Bethesda chaps should ask you to redo their forum - yours blows away the official forums.

Beautiful, beautiful forum you have there. All t's crossed and all i's dotted.
Thanks, Leefish! Everything is going great, though I don't have any major updates for this post.

I will say that I love this community and I've made quite a few friends through TESOF. I know I'll probably be hammered for it (not sure if I mentioned it in this topic yet)... but we do have a shout box on our forum that's only visible to members. I believe the placement of it is great and it hasn't really killed activity. We've been getting more active by the day, in fact. The shout box was added... in October, I believe?

But yeah, I think it's a great community-building tool, which is why I'm excited for Shade's version of the shout box.
I would honestly say that TESOF is probably hands down the best community I have come across during my time at MyBB. You are doing everything right and I just think it's going to get better and better.
@ Tecca re shoutboxes:

I am only against shoutboxes when I think they are replacing the forum functionality. Too many times in showcase we see empty forums with a shoutbox and visible admin posts in the shoutbox that the forum is dead and can all the members get posting Big Grin

The way I see it is that first you have to build content and membership - then, once there are about 30 ACTIVE members (preferably online everyday) then you start to get a snowball effect - the number of posts etc increase - and then you can afford a shoutbox. Users have learned to use the forums by then. I think that starting out with a shouty is the killer.
Wow, can't believe i'm looking at a forum running mybb, dat' theme reeeeeeeeeeally lift stuff up
This isn't MyBB. It can't be. It's far too sexy. Haha, nice job though, great theme and I love that series of games. I am going to join up.
Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Also, I have a quick favor to ask: can you revisit TESOF and see if you like the 'trow1' and 'trow2' better than before? I'm kind of liking the pattern I put up, but it's also late and everything looks good when I'm sleepy, haha.

If you can't see the change, you'll need to hit reload on your browser.

And if you don't remember what it looked like before, trow1 and 2 were both one solid color previously (#161616). You can use Firebug or something similar to see the difference first-hand.
I don't remember what the previous ones looked like, but the current one looks good. Could use some more padding particularly on forumdisplay.

Also, try adding this to your body tag ... for Chrome and Safari, this will make the white on black text look much better:

-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
Thanks, I'll get that added in.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8