MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ThemeLocust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
[Image: Untitled.png]

Hello everyone! Since recently getting into making MyBB theme I have decided to open a site devoted to front end design. This site also offers a selection of themes that we will make and offer, free. No matter the quality of the theme we will always offer them free! ThemeLocust doesn't just offer MyBB themes, we will also (Still in dev.) offer HTML templates that match each of our themes.

Membership is free. We are always online. We are ad free. What else could you ask from a front-end designers forum? ThemeLocust - A Front End Designers Playground. Join Today!
A maximum of two links are permitted per showcase thread. I've removed one of them so your thread complies with the showcase gudelines. Smile
Oh shoot! Sorry Nathan. XD Should have read a little closer. Thanks for not shutting the thread down. Big Grin
I got the idea for the borders in the tables from them. Also, navigation was an inspiration. I did not take any of their code or images though. (Besides background but thats the background of viewing an image in firefox which they released.) I made sure the overall layout was different. I'm in the process of completing more customizations to the postbit, ect.
(2012-08-23, 09:58 PM)CorysRevenge Wrote: [ -> ]I got the idea for the borders in the tables from them. Also, navigation was an inspiration. I did not take any of their code or images though. (Besides background but thats the background of viewing an image in firefox which they released.) I made sure the overall layout was different. I'm in the process of completing more customizations to the postbit, ect.

It's way to identical to say it's a different theme. It's a rip in my opinion.
Put a border-bottom on any dark theme and it will look the same. As I said I got inspiration from them. If you design themes look at the source code and you will see the difference. Anyways, if you would like to discuss my theme with me please contact me VIA private message please keep my showcase thread free of accusations. I did not rip it, simply took inspiration. Thanks!
-What exactly is your site
-Populate your sections more
-Get a new theme for two reasons
1) It's dark and feels off for what I think the niche of the site is (theme design). Should IMO be a bit more colorful
2) It's WAY too similar to that other site's theme (that was listed above). If you're going to be a designer having inspiration is fine but don't just take everything.

I also don't care if you say you coded it, to me it looks way too similar.
I am simply giving you feedback on your forum. Yes I've designed themes before. Just because the code is different doesn't mean it's not a clone. Since this will be going nowhere; this is my last reply.
Slight theme edits make a difference. View the theme, are your hearts at rest now that just because of a few border-radius tags and a changed bg image the theme looks totally different?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6