MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Wiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Good luck with this. It seems you are really putting forth a good effort.

Cheers.
(2013-07-24, 03:42 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck with this. It seems you are really putting forth a good effort.

Cheers.

Thanks Wildcard. Smile
How is the progress? What are current features that have been added already so far? As well as features being worked on?
Well, I've implemented all of my planned features, so I'm just going to be cleaning up the code, testing it and making sure it's stable. A full release shouldn't be too far away.

Currently, it's got:
  • Markdown
  • Article Protection
  • A diff report (between the current article and original)
  • Permissions
  • Article import and export
  • Dedicated Admin CP module (the only thing not contained here is templates)
  • Categories

Any suggestions are more than welcome. Smile There's only one bug I'm aware of, and that's to do with editing permissions. Feel free to fork the repo, or give feedback.
It would be cool if you own the article (wiki) that's being worked on and will be admin of that article which allows you to grant permission to certain members to help edit it. Not sure if I'm clear on that but for example:
Article (Started by you)
- Allow you to choose members to help edit with permissions.
- Notepad (Kind of like a little note that is hidden from public but can be inserted into the article to let other editor know.

Just my suggestions. Smile
That's a good suggestion, but I'm not sure about making it core.

If you look at the wiki, you'll see that there's no postbit, and the /me code is, by default, hard coded to be disabled. The idea being that since wikis are collaborative, as opposed to posts where one person "owns" them, there should be no distinct "ownership".

I do like the idea of a notepad, though. When I'm back on my laptop I'll integrate it. (On iPad ATM).
(2013-07-26, 03:05 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]That's a good suggestion, but I'm not sure about making it core.

If you look at the wiki, you'll see that there's no postbit, and the /me code is, by default, hard coded to be disabled. The idea being that since wikis are collaborative, as opposed to posts where one person "owns" them, there should be no distinct "ownership".

I do like the idea of a notepad, though. When I'm back on my laptop I'll integrate it. (On iPad ATM).

Looking forward to it! Big Grin You got any previews?
No previews as it's essentially just a new textarea on the edit page. I'm pushing it to GitHub as we speak.
"People contributing this page" would be awesome Big Grin

Also a globally recognized MyCode such as [[Wiki|Article]], [[Article]], etc., something much like Jones' Wiki Plugin already does would be great too!
Your wiki will be closer to the existing MyBB wikis or Wikipedia or Wikia

Please ... real friendly URL.

I will test ..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9