MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Wiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2013-07-26, 04:32 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]"People contributing this page" would be awesome Big Grin

Also a globally recognized MyCode such as [[Wiki|Article]], [[Article]], etc., something much like Jones' Wiki Plugin already does would be great too!

Definitely going to do a "People contributing" page. I was thinking about a MyCode, but I'm not sure about the logistics of it... I'll probably have to reference the article id - for instance [article=54]Wiki Article on How to Make a Plugin[/article].

(2013-07-26, 04:55 PM)dthiago Wrote: [ -> ]Your wiki will be closer to the existing MyBB wikis or Wikipedia or Wikia

Please ... real friendly URL.

I will test ..

In response to your first question, it'll be more like existing MyBB wikis.

And as for friendly URL's, I can't really do that by default, but I'll try to add in an .htaccess configuration in the documentation. Smile
Any update on this?
A couple. There's a stylistic change or two, plus caching of permissions, CSRF checks, and some queries saved (I am attempting to drop this down even further). No proper feature updates, but I have been attempting to figure out a decent way to add a wiki mycode. I even tried copying Jones, but he uses PL and a few custom functions, so I wasn't able to do it. I got a basic system running but it was heavily bugged so I dropped it in favor of pushing my entire localhost repo to GitHub to make sure it was the same for everyone.

If you're interested in helping, even if it's just making it look prettier on the front-end while I work out some of these kinks in the back-end, feel free to fork it on GitHub.

I managed to do two things: 1) Remarkably erase the $mybb->settings['bbname'] variable while caching and 2) Figure out how to use the MyCode system efficiently. This commit adds in MyCode (use the syntax [[aid]], so for instance [[3]] links to an article with aid 3, borrowing King Louis' syntax until I work out my own) and it also does not erase the bbname variable. Wink
I'm glad you're still working on this! Thanks for the update!
I feel that MyBB Wiki is in a stable enough state to release it.

I've pushed my final copy to GitHub, and sent it to the Mods Site for validation.
Alright, I'll download it soon and replace my current Wiki since I believe this will be much better! Can't wait.
I want to use the wiki articles created by the wiki mod from Jones.
Thanks VE! Smile

dthiago, what do you mean? Do you want an importer for Jones' plugin, his plugin itself? You'll need to elaborate. Smile
I have a wiki installed .. . Can I use the same content?

Import wiki entries from jones wiki to your wiki?

sry for my english! Big Grin
Ah, you want an importer. Smile I'll take a look at his database schema, see how difficult it'd be. Smile

I've got it ready. Smile It consists of two parts, one is an exporter (it exports the articles into an acceptable format), the other is a fixed importer. Due to an oversight on my part, only the first article was being imported.

Upload the following file to your forum root, visit it, then delete it. You can then upload the resulting XML file in the regular fashion.

You can download the fixed import.php file on GitHub.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9