MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site Seems dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
labrocca Wrote:http://community.mybb.com/showteam.php There is suppose to be a "Public Relations Team" which imho has not been effective. I'm unsure if it's something related to their mission statement or simply lack of vision and effectiveness.

(2013-09-12, 09:19 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]The PR team haven't made a lot of sense to me either. They haven't done anything even remotely related to PR in the time I have been here, at least not that I have seen.

Technically we're the community team now - see our badges Wink Group name never got changed. We handle Facebook, Twitter, reported posts, complaints, username changes (when we have ACP access) etc. It allows developers to spend more time developing and support team members to spend more time supporting. If you have a problem on the site, we try to help. As for the PR aspect, we're trying to collaborate with ways to get MyBB seen as THE option for community software. Any ideas are welcome.
Also, at this point I think this thread is beating a dead horse: yes, the community is less active. Development seems less active but that is not the case.

To address the contents of this thread:
  • We will be pushing out a blog post with our news and updates soon, perhaps even another community interview like we did with brad-t.
  • If you have suggestions for the community, make a thread in Community and Site Issues... don't just post complaints in this thread. Come up with good, solid ideas for fixing and shortcomings you see in the community.
  • If you want to join the team in any way, or think someone would be a good candidate, suggest a name in Private Inquiries. We're always looking for new talent and have a few people we've contacted recently that we think would be wonderful additions.
  • Sometimes we do seem impersonal when we say "Submit a pull request"... but honestly it is that simple. Go to Github, click Fork MyBB, change the code and submit a pull request. We look over every one and accept quite a few.
  • Don't want to code a new feature? Fix a bug. Head over to http://dev.mybb.com.

Now, as Paul H. and not as the MyBB Group, I want to say I am advocating towards being even more open and releasing more info about 2.0 development. Stay tuned.

/thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23