MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing Shoutbox on Index page + Reversing Shout Order + More...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Where would I find this?
Hopefully your host provides you with Cpanel, which will allow you to access phpMyAdmin (scroll to the bottom of the page after clicking on 'mySQL databases'). This will allow you to browse through the tables in your database (where MyBB is installed), and will hopefully find the offending mybb_shouts.

You can then select the checkbox for mybb_shouts, and scroll to the bottom and select that you want to 'drop' the table (must check that this is the only one selected!)

To prevent any problems, it's always a good idea to backup your database before making any changes.

Hope this helps Wink
oh.. ok.. gotcha.. I dropped them..

YAY! I got the spicefuse one to work! Thanks a bunch Flick YOU ROCK!
Glad it worked out for you Smile And you're welcome - thanks for taking the time to post your results!
I have a question.... it saids in the directions http://www.yourdomain/mybb/shoutbox.php... what do I add in the mybb part because I am having trouble... it display the page all over again the the shoutbox.... I don't think that is uppose to happen.... you can have a look yourself....

www.tnh-clan.com is the site......
Well, it doesn't look like you have the shoutbox installed. Nothing is showing up in your iframe, and if I try to access the shoutbox directly, it doesn't exist!
If I've understood your question correctly, the "mybb" part is the folder that your forum is installed in. e.g. mine is /forums Smile
is there a way to make the mybb shout box only for staff??
i installed shoutbox mod but instead of showing the shoutbox it shows "shoutbox" where u have to click and the shout box pops out in a separate box. i want it to be integrated to the index page so that it can be seen when registered members log in. btw i use firefox to browse. need help on how to get the shoutbox in the index page other than popping out seperately.

Regards

NiBirR
nibirr Wrote:i installed shoutbox mod but instead of showing the shoutbox it shows "shoutbox" where u have to click and the shout box pops out in a separate box. i want it to be integrated to the index page so that it can be seen when registered members log in. btw i use firefox to browse. need help on how to get the shoutbox in the index page other than popping out seperately.

Regards

NiBirR

http://www.mybbcentral.com/showthread.ph...51#pid2851
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10