MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IcyBoards - FREE MyBB Hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
IcyBoards - FREE Forum Hosting
http://forums.icyboards.net
http://icyboards.com

Welcome to IcyBoards. IcyBoards is here to bring you some of the fastest and most reliable MyBB hosting. Since we opened our doors in November 2010, we quickly became the most popular and trusted MyBB hosting platform around. Today, we are hosting well over 10,000 forums. There are no limits on IcyBoards regarding size of forum, number of members, number of posts, or monthly bandwidth. In addition, you can enjoy using your own domain name for free! This is something you don't find very often.

Unlike other hosting services, we are running on powerful Dell PowerEdge servers owned by us (not leased or rented). Our servers are using all enterprise-grade hardware, include RAIDed SAS disks with off-site backups.

IcyBoards is dedicated to always provide free hosting; however, we realize some of our members may need service above and beyond what we offer. For this, we do have a premium option. For a small monthly fee, you can enjoy an ad-free experience and have on-demand access to backup and download your database at any time. In addition, premium users may post any kind of legal adult/mature material.

FAQ:
What are your credentials? Will the site close in 2 months?
There is no need to worry. I am not another 12 year old trying to run something from my parents' basement. The site will not close in 2 months like most of the others. I have my Bachelor's in Computer Science, am an Oracle Database Administrator by day, and am a certified RedHat Systems Administrator.

Will you support MyBB 1.8?
Yes! Development is already under way. We expect to have it ready within a few weeks of the official launch of MyBB 1.8. You will be able to choose between 1.6 or 1.8 on signup.

Can I have a copy of your multiforum script?
We are not using any "multiforum script", contrary to popular belief. We are using the same MyBB files as everyone else, we just went and heavily modified it for a multiforum environment. You may not have them but may search google for php tutorials to learn how to set one up yourself.

Can I have access to cPanel/FTP/phpMyAdmin/Something Else?
No. We do not use any cPanel or web-based file/database management tools. Our severs are running a bare CentOS installation. You cannot have FTP access either since every forum is hosted off the same copy of MyBB files. There are NO files unique to your forum, this includes plugins and htaccess.
This is a very reliable forum host. I strongly recommend their services for those looking for a decent free host. They offer database exports on their premium option as well, so unlike many other forum hosts, you won't be "locked in" if you decide to move to paid hosting at a later date.
How will your upgrade to 1.8 be managed for those with a forum already? Will they automatically get updated? Or will there be an option in the admin CP?
(2014-08-18, 05:42 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]How will your upgrade to 1.8 be managed for those with a forum already? Will they automatically get updated? Or will there be an option in the admin CP?

There will be a button in the AdminCP for them to upgrade when they're ready. We will continue to support MyBB 1.6 as long as feasibly possible. We have no plans to stop providing MyBB 1.6 hosting at this time.
Nice finally met the icyboards owner. Anyways, why don't you guys support template edditing?
(2014-08-20, 01:38 AM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finally met the icyboards owner. Anyways, why don't you guys support template edditing?

Icyboards does support template editing. Toungue
(2014-08-20, 02:36 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-20, 01:38 AM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finally met the icyboards owner. Anyways, why don't you guys support template edditing?

Icyboards does support template editing. Toungue

Indeed. You have full access to edit any template or css file on your forum.
How's the 1.8 transition going?
We are still working on it. Another few weeks maybe Smile The multihosting edits are all complete. The hold up is testing both the hosting platform and the 3rd party plugins, and the development of some new IcyBoards-specific features.
Nice project but why are you only hosting MyBB 1.6.14?
What about 1.6.15 and 1.8.0?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9