MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When're you going to release 1.8.0 golden?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Haha! I don't think we're that OCD over here, though. Toungue

I think the plan is now to delay the release until August 3rd 2015 so that we're nice and in-line with other releases. Wink

Nah, there are some final issues we're checking up on. You'll know when 1.8 is released as we'll publish the blog post. (To make sure you don't miss it: you can subscribe to the blog Wink)
It's already 1st September here. So, I wonder how long it'll be till we expect the release.
Stopped waiting, it will release when it is ready.
Seeing this makes me think that there are thousands of bugs with 1.6 and it's a matter of life and death to upgrade to 1.8

Yeah, I am getting annoyed too with waiting especially as there's only a few more months till christmas. but 1.6 is fully functional.
(2014-09-01, 04:25 AM)aaronnz Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I am getting annoyed too with waiting especially as there's only a few more months till christmas.

Not really sure what the point about Christmas is.. 1.8 will be released when the team has determined it's suitable. I know I'd sure rather wait a few more days or even weeks and get something that was worth it, rather than rush the development of it and have a second rate buggy product.
But I already think 1.8 works pretty fine and can now be released.
People need to find more issues for 1.8.1 and other future minor release to complete and improve the forums system!
There I no rush. It will be released when it's ready. You shouldn't have to wait much longer but it shouldn't be a hard wait as it is just a few more days. Which, in the grand scheme of things, is a piddley wait. Wink
I've been fiddling with a git clone I made a few days ago (beta 3 had some nasty bugs) on localhost to get some themes and plugins working for my new forum. I'm more than ready for the stable release. Smile
first Toungue it's there Wink
yes its released was refreshing and saw the news
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12