MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When're you going to release 1.8.0 golden?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(2014-08-28, 02:41 PM)Adept Wrote: [ -> ]How about we release 1.8.0 next year?

another year more ? .-.

be pattient people, 1.8.0 its comming out Toungue
Then again, we could always release it 5 years from now and people will be use to the functions from the beta's.
I have a better idea: don't release it Big Grin
I think everyone should just relax. Honestly if you want MyBB 1.8 right now just download it and you get all the bugs you guys don't seem to care about free of charge! If you wanna wait and get a much nicer, less buggy experience then let the team work and stop pestering them about the release date. And if you truly want the best 1.8 start looking for bugs and helping Wink
PHP 5.6 support would be awesome! It has some nice improvements.
(2014-08-28, 04:07 PM)Nickman Wrote: [ -> ]I think everyone should just relax. Honestly if you want MyBB 1.8 right now just download it and you get all the bugs you guys don't seem to care about free of charge! If you wanna wait and get a much nicer, less buggy experience then let the team work and stop pestering them about the release date. And if you truly want the best 1.8 start looking for bugs and helping Wink

Nickman is right.  No reason to get all fired up over this (even if I don't like their joking around about delaying the release).  The Dev team has been working really hard on this release and has pushed in a lot more than I think anyone ever imagined Mybb 1.8 would contain. After this release were all excited for them to get started on Mybb 2.0 so that we can actually have a modern forum software (after a small break from this 1.8 pain).

It's not only hard on us on the user end for so many bugs to pop up, but its also hard for them, in fact it is more difficult since they have to deal with both our complaining and work on fixing it.  We only have to wait a month or so for the last minute bugs to get cleared out.  So lets give them a break and let them get their work done.  

To the Dev's:
Thanks for your hard work and sorry for all of my complaining!

For those interested, we've been writing the blog post and we've also been working on the Mods site documentation: http://docs.mybb.com/mods/
All issues has been fixed on github! Big Grin
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/milestones/1.8.0
This affects the plugin page on the plugins area in the ACP ?
MyBB 1.8.0 in 5 hours.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12