MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.8.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Well, there is a space character in the output, and this space character is also on your main page and everywhere else.

So the sitemap xml starts with 'space <?xml' instead of '<?xml' which XML takes offense to. Your HTML likewise starts with 'space <!DOCTYPE' instead of '<!DOCTYPE' which browsers ignore. So something outputs extra space on every page, you just don't notice it normally.

Maybe one of your PHP files has a stray space at start or end. If so bomfix.php above might find it. Maybe some other code misbehaving in some other way.

You could debug it in PHP directly I guess (try your luck with headers_sent() function, if something sends space character out early, it will give you filename and line).
(2021-08-18, 07:20 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a link to your site?

Alternatively download the sitemap as a file (with wget) and then check out its source code (with hexdump -C as byte order mark would be invisible otherwise). Then you'd at least know what to look for.

I had a MyBB "plugin" hack to find potentially broken PHP files some ages ago. There should be other tools around to do this better...

After i installed it says me i have these errors.
https://i.ibb.co/SJCw4Qy/Screenshot-2021...chrome.jpg

should i do it to fix those things what it has said ?
if you don't have a problem there is nothing to fix.

in case of problems, bomfix.php just gives you a hint of where the culprit may be. the "?> missing" is a false positive in most cases since MyBB no longer uses ?> at the end of its PHP files anyway. it's only a problem if there is actually a ?> (followed by non-newline) at the end of PHP, as that would end up in the output

the only thing that stands out is that you seem to have a .php file in uploads, that's a bit odd since users should not be able to upload php code that would be executed by the server. so no idea what uploads/zipper.php is supposed to be, maybe check that its not malicious
Hi,

Thank you so much for your help so far.

I ran bomfix and one of the php had a space
in front of " <?php" I remove that and click on sitemap
at the ACP plugin page and got this display.

Not sure if it means everything is oka?

[Image: IhZnult.jpg]
Yes, that should be fine. Everything else depends on your sitemap settings and forum permissions.
Since i installed the plugin i got an error in Adsense saying theres an Error indexing ads, it can have a loss of revenues.
(Clicking on Action goes to a "...not ready to procceed the page. Our engineers know the error and will fix" page)

I've been into the Google Console Search and sent again everything for indexing and i get no errors in both pages (main website in wordpress and subdomain forum in mybb).

i've edited .htcaccess (uploaded as txt) like it was mentioned in the plugin so i dont know what to do more. Everything works perfectly except that.

sitemap.xml on the main site
sitemap-index.xml on the mybb

both uploaded without error.
It seems that ampersands in URL are HTML escaped, which causes them to be invalid.

[Image: 1c3szPL.png]
That's the XML Sitemap though, where escaping is mandatory.

https://www.sitemaps.org/protocol.html Wrote:As with all XML files, any data values (including URLs) must use entity escape codes for the characters listed in the table below.

Character	Escape Code
Ampersand	&	&amp;

It would be invalid if it wasn't escaped in this context.
Is it possible to change the URL structure from the default of Forum-{url} to display the forum ID (fid in the database) and thread id (tid in the database)

For example instead of Forum-My-Forum , forum URL would be Forum-My-Forum-f2 (for a forum titled “My Forum” with a forum ID (fid) of “2”)

and similarly for threads

Thread-My-Thread-t3 (for a thread titled “My Thread” with a thread ID (tid) of 3)

Is it possible to amend the plugin to achieve this?

And if so , will the old URLs still work as well as the newly generated URLs?
There is the force uniquifier URL setting which puts IDs in all URLs.

However removing the random ID numbers was a design goal for this plugin so there isn't a direct setting for putting them back for threads and forums individually. By default IDs are used only when it's not possible to avoid URL conflict otherwise.

So if you put them back you're kind of opposing the concept, so doing it manually might not work too well.

I tried to put many options and settings in the plugin but in the end, it just can't do everything... my recommendation is still to stick with the default settings
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25