MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.8.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(2022-01-15, 09:22 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]There is the force uniquifier URL setting which puts IDs in all URLs.

However removing the random ID numbers was a design goal for this plugin so there isn't a direct setting for putting them back for threads and forums individually. By default IDs are used only when it's not possible to avoid URL conflict otherwise.

So if you put them back you're kind of opposing the concept, so doing it manually might not work too well.

I tried to put many options and settings in the plugin but in the end, it just can't do everything... my recommendation is still to stick with the default settings

Thanks so much for replying so promptly.

It's a large forum and we're looking to migrate across to PHPBB which absolutely insists on having the ID for forums and threads in the URLs.

I have managed to get PHPBB generating URLs in the format requested above through modifying an existing extension (Forum- , Name - , Forum ID) and Thread- Name- , Thread ID) 

The main concern is how to go across from Mybb to PHPBB without breaking our SEO as we've got a lot of sites linking to our forums.

Wasn't 100% sure whether the Mybb plugin could be adjusted to generate links based upon the format that PHPBB puts them in - as I couldn't achieve the opposite (modifying PHPBB to get them into the existing format)

Unfortunately it wasn't random IDs that I wanted - but the corresponding ID for the forum and thread to be automatically generated.

All good , I shall keep investigating!
if it's for migration purposes, Google SEO already has the ability to redirect Google SEO URLs back to stock URLs which have the IDs. This is described in the documentation

Quote:Unfortunately it wasn't random IDs that I wanted - but the corresponding ID for the forum and thread to be automatically generated.

it's the same thing

this thread id is 202483 which is essentially a random number (just happen stance how many threads were created before and after this one)

this id does not hold any information of value regarding thread contents so putting it in the URL is merely a nuisance, so I got rid of them with this plugin, that was kind of the point
Hi, I'm researching this forum and the truth is that I'm liking it more than Vbulletin, I've been using it since version 3

I have done the vbulletin import to mybb and everything is fantastic.

As I say, I'm doing some tests and I got stuck at one point with the Google Seo plugin, well I wanted to know if there is a way to avoid losing the indexing of the published URLs.

I am using the DragonByte plugin for Vbseo, and it gives me these urls:

Is there a way to not lose the indexing of this type of URL?

Thanks for everything.
Hi,

I'm trying to set up my seo to index the homepage only. I want it to appear in google searches but without forums, threads, etc. in it. I just want the homepage indexed, with the site name, short description and Twitter Cards/Opengraph. Is there a way to do it with this plugin?

If I disable pages, posts, threads, etc. in the sitemap will it not index these? Do I need to specify every forum not included in the last setting to accomplish this?
(2022-04-11, 03:16 AM)jasongeek Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm trying to set up my seo to index the homepage only. I want it to appear in google searches but without forums, threads, etc. in it. I just want the homepage indexed, with the site name, short description and Twitter Cards/Opengraph. Is there a way to do it with this plugin?

If I disable pages, posts, threads, etc. in the sitemap will it not index these? Do I need to specify every forum not included in the last setting to accomplish this?

use robots text
I have a problem

[Image: EiIbAf6.png]

Seo link dont work

https://www.pes6.es/foro/Thread-LIGA-ARGENTINA-2022

If deactivated Seo plugin its fine

https://www.pes6.es/foro/showthread.php?tid=938

[Image: NCG9Fz6.png]

I change to 

[Image: M6pOFnW.png]

And I have same problem.
google won't fetch my sitemap!!!!!!!! Please help!
(2022-04-24, 04:56 AM)Roast247 Wrote: [ -> ]google won't fetch my sitemap!!!!!!!! Please help!

You can simply tell google the location of your sitemap. Then it should be fetched.
If you go to
https://search.google.com/search-console
and then create an account and register your forum domain, you can manage everything there (including submission of a sitemap)

Hi I tried to add my forum to Google to be able to be found by others. That worked and google accepted my sitemap.

However, in the Google Dashboard there are a lot of Server Errors (5xx). When I look at the examples, there is always the parameters

datecut=9999&prefix=0&sortby=subject&order=asc

added to the URL. I can confirm that when trying to access that URL the servers returns a "500 Internal Server Error".
Through trial-and-error I found out that no combination of those parameters work. If at least one parameter is present, it fails.
However, when I access the same URL without any parameters, the page is shown correctly.

Examples:
not working https://kaikki.de/Thread-Lernen-mit-Vide...&order=asc
working https://kaikki.de/Thread-Lernen-mit-Videos

I'm using mybb 1.8.30 and have the Google SEO Plugin activated

Now my question(s):
  •     Why is google adding these parameters?
  •     Should the page also work with the parameters? If so, what's wrong with my set-up, how can I fix it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

PS In my error log I find the following errors:
<error>
        <dateline>1651917303</dateline>
        <script>inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php</script>
        <line>100</line>
        <type>2</type>
        <friendly_type>Warning</friendly_type>
        <message>Undefined array key "extra"</message>
        <back_trace>#0  errorHandler->error() called at [/inc/class_error.php:153]
#1  errorHandler->error_callback() called at [/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php:100]
#2  require_once() called at [/inc/plugins/google_seo.php:317]
#3  require_once() called at [/inc/class_plugins.php:38]
#4  pluginSystem->load() called at [/inc/init.php:235]
#5  require_once() called at [/admin/index.php:18]
</back_trace>
</error>

<error>
        <dateline>1651917303</dateline>
        <script>inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php</script>
        <line>1250</line>
        <type>2</type>
        <friendly_type>Warning</friendly_type>
        <message>Undefined variable $location</message>
        <back_trace>#0  errorHandler->error() called at [/inc/class_error.php:153]
#1  errorHandler->error_callback() called at [/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php:1250]
#2  google_seo_url_hook() called at [/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php:174]
#3  require_once() called at [/inc/plugins/google_seo.php:317]
#4  require_once() called at [/inc/class_plugins.php:38]
#5  pluginSystem->load() called at [/inc/init.php:235]
#6  require_once() called at [/admin/index.php:18]
</back_trace>
</error>
I found this plugin causing too much problems, the only think I want was a simple sitemap. So I created a separate sitemap plugin.

Disclaimer: I'm the developer of this sitemap plugin.

Ps. I will look into another plugin (add meta tags) to add also meta tags in the header. I may gonna fork that meta tags plugin and extend it a bit/make it compatible with v1.8.30. Combining my sitemap plugin together with this meta tags plugin would basically replace this Google SEO plugin.
Great of you, because as you said, this mybb Google SEO plugin is much cumbersome and error-prone, or the structure is hardly understandable by any forum owner and easy to install or set.

Simplicity would be the approach!

(2022-05-07, 09:28 PM)danger89 Wrote: [ -> ]I found this plugin causing too much problems, the only think I want was a simple sitemap. So I created a separate sitemap plugin.

Disclaimer: I'm the developer of this sitemap plugin.

Ps. I will look into another plugin (add meta tags) to add also meta tags in the header. I may gonna fork that meta tags plugin and extend it a bit/make it compatible with v1.8.30. Combining my sitemap plugin together with this meta tags plugin would basically replace this Google SEO plugin.

Great of you, because as you said, this mybb Google SEO plugin is much cumbersome and error-prone, or the structure is hardly understandable by any forum owner and easy to install or set.

Simplicity would be the approach!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25