MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.8.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(2024-01-26, 09:44 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]yes, it is

or another fork from Omar G., which Laird postet for you here: https://community.mybb.com/thread-240115...pid1391244

Thanks bv64!!!

which one do you think is better?  Smile
I used the one from SvePu, cause he is a german coder/supporter like me

but I think both versions are equal cause both coders are very good and trustworthy

I think the basic functionality won't have changed much, it's just adjustments to PHP8 and no major new functionalities

but I didn't compare them in detail because I don't use Google SEO anymore
(2024-01-26, 10:22 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]I used the one from SvePu, cause he is a german coder/supporter like me

Do you know if this is a 'new plugin' which has to be installed from the beginning?

Or an upgrad -> just uploading the files?
(2024-01-26, 10:14 AM)RobRo Wrote: [ -> ]which one do you think is better?  Smile

Omar's fork includes everything from SvePu's fork plus some additional fixes, so, unless he (or I, who helped a little) has introduced his own bugs, Omar's fork should be better.

(2024-01-26, 10:38 AM)RobRo Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know if this is a 'new plugin' which has to be installed from the beginning?

Or an upgrad -> just uploading the files?

For both SvePu's fork and Omar's fork, it's just a matter of uploading the files.
thank you Laird for the timeline, so I will give the link to Omars repository next Wink
(2024-01-26, 11:09 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]thank you Laird for the timeline, so I will give the link to Omars repository next Wink

You're welcome. Smile I had been wondering whether/when Omar was going to announce it so I hope he's not upset that I've scooped him!
Hey, I have been lacking time to publish any information regarding the maintained fork mentioned early.

I have added a note to the OP so people find about them, hoping @frostschutz doesn't mind people editing his post.

Most of the work is SvePu's and Laird's contribution.

Feel free to send any issues to the following repository for us to keep fixing them, as it is likely more warnings will keep appearing in the future :
https://github.com/Sama34/MyBB-Google-SEO/issues

Regards !
I installed the Omar's one. It works like a charm. Thanks so much!!!

BTW: I still get many warnings in the error log e.g. like this:

inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php Line 1060 Warning Undefined array key "time"

global.php(553) : eval()'d code 3 Warning Undefined array key "userlink"

forumdisplay.php(1548) : eval()'d code 11 Warning Trying to access array offset on value of type null

Any idea what could be the problem?
(2024-01-29, 12:07 PM)RobRo Wrote: [ -> ]
inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php Line 1060 Warning Undefined array key "time"

I've filed a PR for this one: https://github.com/Sama34/MyBB-Google-SEO/pull/5

global.php(553) : eval()'d code 3 Warning Undefined array key "userlink"

This seems unrelated to the Google SEO plugin, and doesn't seem to be an issue in MyBB core. Probably, you or a plugin have modified the template being rendered here (header_welcomeblock_member), and the modification is problematic.

forumdisplay.php(1548) : eval()'d code 11 Warning Trying to access array offset on value of type null

Ditto but for the forumdisplay_threadlist template.
Hello. I hope someone here can help. Now the google seo plugin is turned on the and latest shared Thread are not loading on my homepage. Everything else works with seo links. But the main page loads endlessly where the last Thread should be displayed (Latest Threads preview) When I turn on the option for seo Threads the Latest Threads preview stop working. ( # Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread\-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC] )

I think the problem is because the plugin changes Thread links. How do I change the code to fix this?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25