MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Picture Perfect 0.0.9 ALPHA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2018-01-06, 03:11 PM)dared Wrote: [ -> ]look for .webp image format and than you can may interest to build something around it. you can create an upload form with converter so images can be hosted on same server.

Thank you for your thoughts.
Picture Perfect 0.0.2 ALPHA Released

Changes:
  • adds "Manage Images" link in ACP plugin info
  • adds ability to delete image sets inline or single
  • upgraded installer
  • added support for PostgreSQL
  • added pagination in ACP pages where appropriate
  • set initial production values for cURL
  • added a table to track threads in order to improve ACP page load times
Fixes:
  • a bug where inline deletion failed for image sets
  • a bug where permission sometimes prevented default image installation
  • a bug where per page settings for initial image scan were set too low, causing issues with too many requests too quickly
  • a bug where image with redirected URLs were not properly handled
  • a bug where images with query strings were not handled properly
  • a bug where settings were not displayed for modules

To upgrade: Uninstall and reinstall. There will be no upgrade script during the alpha stage.
(2018-01-05, 10:10 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Hi 8guawong,

Thank you for taking the time to give your input on the future of this plugin.

For the benefit of those reading the thread, 8guawong suggested an image feed thread with some really cool features including basic lightbox-type display, but with the added feature of being able to zoom the images by using the mouse wheel.

It is something I will keep in mind, but I would like to hear what the community thinks.

Use FancyBox plugin, it should work and fits to your needs. If it wont work, let me know and we will add support.
(2018-10-21, 03:52 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Picture Perfect 0.0.2 ALPHA Released

Changes:
  • adds "Manage Images" link in ACP plugin info
  • adds ability to delete image sets inline or single
  • upgraded installer
  • added support for PostgreSQL
  • added pagination in ACP pages where appropriate
  • set initial production values for cURL
  • added a table to track threads in order to improve ACP page load times
Fixes:
  • a bug where inline deletion failed for image sets
  • a bug where permission sometimes prevented default image installation
  • a bug where per page settings for initial image scan were set too low, causing issues with too many requests too quickly
  • a bug where image with redirected URLs were not properly handled
  • a bug where images with query strings were not handled properly
  • a bug where settings were not displayed for modules

To upgrade: Uninstall and reinstall. There will be no upgrade script during the alpha stage.

I manage 2 websites, one is a golf league and the other is a bowling league. (Both are semi-private. Full access is limited to league members. Public access is limited to stats, upcoming events, and photo forums)

There are a lot of pictures taken during those league events, especially the golf league. 

Is this the kind of plugin that would work for this kind of situation? 

Let me clarify this a bit.

There is a photographer that would send me pictures that she has taken.
I convert those pictures from RAW to JPG for file compression, then load those into a folder that is similar to what MyBB does for its own images (root/images).
Those photos can be saved in a folder called root/gallery and then those pictures will be designated to the appropriate forum.

Is this how this plugin works?

Can some of those plugin features be designated for the ModCP? 

Last question...

What does this mean? "adds "Manage Images" link in ACP plugin info"
Am I to understand that 'managing the images link' means that one can designate the origin of the pictures? Locally? (root/gallery)
Or... via an image hosting site such as Imgur?
(2018-10-22, 03:53 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]There is a photographer that would send me pictures that she has taken.
I convert those pictures from RAW to JPG for file compression, then load those into a folder that is similar to what MyBB does for its own images (root/images).
Those photos can be saved in a folder called root/gallery and then those pictures will be designated to the appropriate forum.

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are asking, but this plugin is for managing any posted images on your forum.

(2018-10-22, 03:53 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Can some of those plugin features be designated for the ModCP? 

Not yet. This plugin is still in alpha and there will be many changes before I work out exactly how things will work and what features are available.

However, moderation was brought up early on and I'm certain that improvements will be made in that category.

(2018-10-22, 03:53 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]What does this mean? "adds "Manage Images" link in ACP plugin info"

In all my plugins, if there is an ACP page, I try to provide a quick link to said page in the plugin info (as well as a link to settings). I had forgotten to do that in earlier versions and I was just adding it in.

Sorry, nothing cool like you thought it would be Toungue
MyBB needs an image management system desperately. Like the attachment system, but simpler for the user. It needs to be initiated from the editor with a button. The user must them be able to upload his image to server instead of having to rely on third party hosting sites like postimage.org.

As an admin i want the ability to lossless compress uploaded images. Most pics posted by users can be compressed with 50% or more savings - that's huge in terms of resource savings and better performance in the SERPs.
(2018-10-22, 10:23 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-22, 03:53 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]There is a photographer that would send me pictures that she has taken.

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are asking, but this plugin is for managing any posted images on your forum.

I guess for a lack of better way of explaining my thoughts, I was thinking more of a gallery type of thing where users will see thumbnails of the pictures and they can click on it to get the larger size.

The website would HOST the pictures on the hosting server... something like 'root/gallery' or whatever folder name they desire.

I don't know if this feature can be implemented or not, allow the users the option to download the picture file for their use. 
Or not... give the Admin the option to turn that download feature on or off depending on the situation. 
There may be situations where the photos are copyrighted and can only be viewed, but not downloaded. 

(2018-10-22, 03:53 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Can some of those plugin features be designated for the ModCP? 

Not yet. This plugin is still in alpha and there will be many changes before I work out exactly how things will work and what features are available.

However, moderation was brought up early on and I'm certain that improvements will be made in that category.

I think this will become an important feature so that staff can monitor the images to make sure the pictures are within the acceptable parameters of the website.

(2018-10-22, 03:53 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]What does this mean? "adds "Manage Images" link in ACP plugin info"

In all my plugins, if there is an ACP page, I try to provide a quick link to said ACP page in the plugin info (as well as a link to settings). I had forgotten to do that in earlier versions and I was just adding it in.

Sorry, nothing cool like you thought it would be Toungue

Oh... now... I get it! I misread that little part. Now, that you clarified that, it makes sense now.
(2018-10-22, 01:24 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]I guess for a lack of better way of explaining my thoughts, I was thinking more of a gallery type of thing where users will see thumbnails of the pictures and they can click on it to get the larger size.

I do have plans for some sort of image feed/image gallery page. In fact, I already have a working prototype, but I really feel that the details of how the plugin will work need to be settled before anything like that is done.

I also have a module for ASB ready to go, but again, I think it would be wise to reach beta at least before we even start testing addons/galleries/etc.

(2018-10-22, 01:24 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]I think this will become an important feature so that staff can monitor the images to make sure the pictures are within the acceptable parameters of the website.

I completely agree. Among other things, I plan to allow moderating images in ACP in terms of removing images and possibly replacing them with some sort of notice explaining the removal, or maybe a standard image replacement (for example an image that would cover/replace NSFW images or something to that effect.

I'd love your input on what you would you would expect for image moderation.

(2018-10-22, 01:24 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Oh... now... I get it! I misread that little part. Now, that you clarified that, it makes sense now.

No problem. I appreciate you taking the time to give your thoughts and ask questions. I'd welcome you to try the plugin out on a test board and give me any thoughts you have.

If you download my other plugin Developer Tools, there is the functionality to create image threads for the test board which will help to test this plugin on an empty board.
(2018-10-22, 10:42 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]The user must them be able to upload his image to server instead of having to rely on third party hosting sites like postimage.org.

Thanks for your thoughts. Currently what I have in mind is to allow the admin to rehost images that are already posted on the forum. In this way, admin can select which threads are more worthy of the server storage space.

As to your idea, I think that in-house image upload is a very good idea and I will put it in the back of my mind until I get a little farther along with the development.

And you bring up another good point in compression. I will look into allowing admin to choose compression ratios and select the format of rehosted/modified images.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give feedback. Please keep it coming and give the plugin a test on localhost. I'm already using it on my live forum, but I wouldn't recommend that.
Picture Perfect 0.0.3 ALPHA Released

Changes:
  • new module: rehost images locally
  • new module: rehost images to Imgur
  • upgrade internal module libraries
  • added an image limit property to modules
  • added query string cache busters to displayed images in ACP to prevent overwritten images from appearing to have failed because they are cached
  • removed module requirement to save and return an image set
  • added option for modules to return multiple messages
  • improved error messages for all modules
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7