MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Picture Perfect 0.0.9 ALPHA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2018-10-24, 01:02 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Picture Perfect 0.0.3 ALPHA Released

Changes:
  • new module: rehost images locally
  • new module: rehost images to Imgur
  • upgrade internal module libraries
  • added an image limit property to modules
  • added query string cache busters to displayed images in ACP to prevent overwritten images from appearing to have failed because they are cached
  • removed module requirement to save and return an image set
  • added option for modules to return multiple messages
  • improved error messages for all modules
To upgrade: Uninstall and reinstall. There will be no upgrade script during the alpha stage.

I can't wait for the official release of this plugin. 

I think this might be a good plugin for one to host image galleries on their website.
(2018-10-24, 02:13 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]I can't wait for the official release of this plugin. 

I think this might be a good plugin for one to host image galleries on their website.

Thanks. I'm glad you're interested in this. It is really coming together now.

It won't be long before we reach beta!
I can't believe I missed this on-the-process master piece. Kudos for you.
Thank you. That is very nice of you to say.
Picture Perfect 0.0.4 ALPHA Released

This release brings a task system that I've been trying to get to all along. Image operations are in general, fairly expensive. It is not feasible to process hundreds of images in one PHP session. So, the task system will be designed to allow admin to select images to be added to a process queue and handle a few at a time by the task.

Individual tasks can be created from the existing modules in Picture Perfect, customized with specific settings. Those tasks are then added to a task list and ordered by the admin. Think of it as a batch of images to be processed and information governing how they will be processed.

Once a task list is made, any image on the forum can then be added to that list and will be handled by the MyBB task system per your settings.

An example would be rehosting images locally (to your server) and then creating thumbnails from those images to be used in a slideshow. In the future, I hope to give the option to monitor specific threads on the forum and automatically add new posts to existing image task lists.

[Image: sEFcAxf.png]
The other fairly big change is that we view our images by forum now, rather than all of the threads in one section. Even on my small forum, it was too difficult to navigate.

Changes:
  • initiated task system
  • now displaying forum navigation to more easily find the images you are looking for
  • added the ability for modules to install permanent settings to serve as default values
  • code cleanup/restructuring

To upgrade: Uninstall and reinstall. There will be no upgrade script during the alpha stage.
Great! I am looking forward to see v1.0 Smile fingers crossed
(2018-10-28, 05:25 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Picture Perfect 0.0.4 ALPHA Released

Image operations are in general, fairly expensive. 

Did you mean to say 'fairly EXTENSIVE'?

The word 'expensive' doesn't look right in that statement.
(2018-10-28, 09:57 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Did you mean to say 'fairly EXTENSIVE'?

No, I meant "expensive"

In terms of processing on the back end (server side) operations that require a lot of memory are considered expensive. Instead of costing a lot of money, they cost a lot of resources.

Not only are we dealing with loading images into memory to process them, we are also waiting on cURL to download images in some cases for rehosting. So, yeah, images operations aren't cheap, so that's why I have to try to figure out a way to allow admin to do less and the plugin to do more while avoiding PHP timeouts or servers becoming overloaded.
Do you have a demo of this plugin?
(2018-10-29, 12:13 AM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a demo of this plugin?

No, I'm afraid not.

This plugin does most of its work in the ACP so I'm not even sure how I would demo that portion safely.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7