MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Picture Perfect 0.0.9 ALPHA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thank you Wildcar!!

Anyway, images are a my big problem Sad

I'm afraid to fill all the space of my hosting with images but at least they would all be "safe" on my server and I would also have more control over them (the link to the image is anyway in my database and with some code or plugin I could without problems show for example the last 5 images uploaded by the users from Forum X and show them on portal.php).

On the other hand, if I load them all on an external service, like imgur, I will no longer have problems filling my hosting with thousands of images but in a few years I might not see them anymore because imgur has closed down or other problems.

What is better?
(2019-10-21, 12:09 AM)niere8 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Wildcar!!

You're welcome Smile

(2019-10-21, 12:09 AM)niere8 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, images are a my big problem Sad

I'm afraid to fill all the space of my hosting with images but at least they would all be "safe" on my server and I would also have more control over them[...]

On the other hand, if I load them all on an external service, like imgur, I will no longer have problems filling my hosting with thousands of images but in a few years I might not see them anymore because imgur has closed down or other problems.

What is better?

This is a debate that I am currently involved in, myself.

I have a lot of images on my forum from Photobucket, and now they are mostly trash — with watermarks, or worse, blurred out. So, what I did was used tineye.com to find the images again, uploaded the images to my host and used Picture Perfect to replace the URLs with the new one hosted on my forum.

Like you said, though, that will take up a lot of room (and already has) so, what I have done is over time I am re-hosting them to Imgur — with the new undo feature on Picture Perfect, I can restore the URL any time that something goes wrong with Imgur in the future...and once I get everything back on Imgur, I can download all those image files, delete them from my server, save the space, and upload them if anything ever goes wrong and restore them with Picture Perfect.

I hope that makes sense.
hi , Does is working on A board with 1 500 000 Post and user ? with 5000 user Active for the moment i am in Local host but maybe in the future is can be Reach that .. For be sure i just want That plugins are okays or not on a big board like that ?

If i put Image on a file host and the retention time are Finish with this plugins we can recover the image and Re host in another place ? i don't understand
(2017-12-30, 12:31 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]THIS PLUGIN IS CURRENTLY IN ALPHA STAGE— do not use on a live forum!
(2020-08-20, 08:07 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-30, 12:31 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]THIS PLUGIN IS CURRENTLY IN ALPHA STAGE— do not use on a live forum!

okais well
Sorry, but this plugin is no longer being actively maintained. Not enough interest and I no longer have the time, as well.

I'm gonna just go ahead and close the thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7