MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hey guys

New theme looks great.

Gripe: I've been using the logo to go to the forums home for... I don't know how long.

Can we have that functionality back on the Community Forums?
Forums look very sleek and modern, I like it!

Same, always used logo to redirect back to the community index page.
Theme is looking really impressive.
My opinion is that MyBB.com should NOT roll out the new 1.9.xx theme before the actual release date.

Why?

To prevent confusion among new and old admins who may be wondering why their default MyBB theme doesn't look like the "new" default MyBB theme that we are seeing at this time of this post.

(my very first thought when I saw the new theme was "Oh, did they release 1.9.xx already?")

I honestly think that a test website of MyBB.com is the proper place to check and verify that everything (including the new theme) is in order.

I would suggest to MyBB.com staff to revert back to the 1.8.19 default theme and allow others to visit the test website.
(2018-10-14, 11:41 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]My opinion is that MyBB.com should NOT roll out the new 1.9.xx theme before the actual release date.

Why?

To prevent confusion among new and old admins who may be wondering why their default MyBB theme doesn't look like the "new" default MyBB theme that we are seeing at this time of this post.

(my very first thought when I saw the new theme was "Oh, did they release 1.9.xx already?")

I honestly think that a test website of MyBB.com is the proper place to check and verify that everything (including the new theme) is in order.

I would suggest to MyBB.com staff to revert back to the 1.8.19 default theme and allow others to visit the test website.

community.mybb.com is running the latest version of 1.8.X available.
(2018-10-15, 12:02 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-14, 11:41 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]My opinion is that MyBB.com should NOT roll out the new 1.9.xx theme before the actual release date.

Why?

community.mybb.com is running the latest version of 1.8.X available.

Not the theme, though. 

I'm not referring to the "engine" of MyBB 1.8.19, I'm talking about the new default theme, which you just stated that it's the new 1.9.xx theme.
(2018-10-14, 11:18 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys

New theme looks great.

Gripe: I've been using the logo to go to the forums home for... I don't know how long.

The old website was incorrect. Having the logo link to MyBB.com throughout the entire website is more consistent compared to before where in some sections (Community, Extend) it would take you to the community forums home page and others would take you to MyBB.com. I've been using the new website theme here on the forums for months and it did not take very long to relearn the muscle memory.

Why?

The community forums are running a slightly modified default theme from 1.8. The only differences are the header area and a few colors. This was done so the forums would match the new website theme until 1.9 is ready.

That said, the community forums will be upgraded to 1.9 before it is released. This is to help test the release on a larger scale before the final release.
(2018-10-15, 12:18 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not referring to the "engine" of MyBB 1.8.19, I'm talking about the new default theme, which you just stated that it's the new 1.9.xx theme.

This is not the 1.9 theme. As you know, the new 1.9 theme is being tested at https://mybb.jsoltesz.com/mybb-1.9
(2018-10-15, 12:23 AM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-14, 11:18 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys

New theme looks great.

The old website was incorrect. Having the logo link to MyBB.com throughout the entire website is more consistent compared to before where in some sections (Community, Extend) it would take you to the community forums home page and others would take you to MyBB.com. I've been using the new website theme here on the forums for months and it did not take very long to relearn the muscle memory.

Why?

The community forums are running a slightly modified default theme from 1.8. The only differences are the header area and a few colors. This was done so the forums would match the new website theme until 1.9 is ready.

That said, the community forums will be upgraded to 1.9 before it is released. This is to help test the release on a larger scale before the final release.

To add to this, the team have actually been upgrading the Community forums prior to full releases for a while now. Most just never notice.
(2018-10-15, 12:23 AM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using the new website theme here on the forums for months and it did not take very long to relearn the muscle memory.

That's fair enough, but just want to make the point you relearning muscle memory may not be the same for everyone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7