MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2018-10-15, 08:26 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-15, 08:17 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]So would this theme be in a new install ?

I'm only asking because I thought MyBB always tried to stick as near as possible to the default.

If I was starting out and installing MyBB I would be disappointed to find it didn't look like this.

Also are you saying we can not install this theme on our forums ?

That's pretty much what I stated in post #4. 

Enough said.

Sorry I did mean to quote your post as I agree 100%

I'm with you, it's a big mistake showing something that is not available.

MyBB forum should be the default of what is available for e new install, a theme that is just a test should have been left as a User CP option.

It's like saying I have this and you can have a free copy that doesn't look like mine.

Bad move MyBB
I disagree! Really good move, this is only 2 minutes of work to apply the new CSS and if you want I can create a simple tutorial how to achieve these changes. Instead of your hating posts you should create few pull requests to get 1.9 release sooner... Everybody can help to male MyBB better, so start with yourself!
(2018-10-15, 05:41 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I really need the plugin for usergroups which is added here on MyBB site.  Wink

https://github.com/mybb/mybb-externalUserLabels

You mean this plugin? Angel
This is the default theme. The only things that have changed are a few of the colors. You can very easily replicate it on your board if you choose to. We will not be making minor changes to the default theme in 1.8.x when 1.9 is nearly ready. The changes were only made so that the community forums would better match the new website until 1.9 is released.

It will also only be here for a short time. MyBB 1.9 will be out before you know it.
(2018-10-15, 08:42 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree! Really good move, this is only 2 minutes of work to apply the new CSS and if you want I can create a simple tutorial how to achieve these changes. Instead of your hating posts you should create few pull requests to get 1.9 release sooner... Everybody can help to male MyBB better, so start with yourself!

I'm not hating posts. I'm just saying that if I was thinking of using MyBB for a new forum I would be very unhappy if it didn't look like the one I thought I was installing.

Yes a tutorial would be great as I'm sure a lot will be disappointed that they don't have this theme available to them. I'm not that bothered myself as I just use the default theme in my own colours and a few changes.

I'm sorry you feel I don't help with MyBB, I have been here 7 years and have 750 post under my belt. But I'm just an end user giving an opinion, and I just don't get why the MyBB forum is showing something that is not default and people will have to learn CSS to get close.

But like Serpius said. "Enough Said"
(2018-10-15, 08:42 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree! Really good move, this is only 2 minutes of work to apply the new CSS and if you want I can create a simple tutorial how to achieve these changes. Instead of your hating posts you should create few pull requests to get 1.9 release sooner... Everybody can help to male MyBB better, so start with yourself!

I don't know why you are characterizing some of the posts as "hating posts" when in fact those are constructive criticisms.

There are many people (myself as one) that do not do any type of coding including CSS. 

Demanding that we create a tutorial on how to make those "2 minutes of work" is not the right way to handle this. 
The time you spent typing that post out and clicking on 'Post Reply', you could have created that tutorial yourself. 

I have and always will support MyBB, but I am permitted and so are others to provide constructive criticisms in the forums. 

We have been waiting patiently for the beta release of MyBB 1.9.xx, but as far as I can tell, from the blog, there aren't any mentions of a beta release of MyBB 1.9.xx. 
In fact, the blog has not been updated since September 11th.

Last I heard of any kind of new release is the security updates of 1.8.20 that is supposed to be coming soon.
(2018-10-15, 09:17 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't know why you are characterizing some of the posts as "hating posts" when in fact those are constructive criticisms.

There are many people (myself as one) that do not do any type of coding including CSS. 

Demanding that we create a tutorial on how to make those "2 minutes of work" is not the right way to handle this. 
The time you spent typing that post out and clicking on 'Post Reply', you could have created that tutorial yourself. 

I have and always will support MyBB, but I am permitted and so are others to provide constructive criticisms in the forums. 

We have been waiting patiently for the beta release of MyBB 1.9.xx, but as far as I can tell, from the blog, there aren't any mentions of a beta release of MyBB 1.9.xx. 
In fact, the blog has not been updated since September 11th.

Last I heard of any kind of new release is the security updates of 1.8.20 that is supposed to be coming soon.

there aren't any blog posts about a beta version of 1.9 because it's not ready for beta yet.

the new theme is still being built and there's other areas that need some work still as well.
If you'd like to keep track of what's happening with the MyBB 1.9 theme development, follow along here:

https://github.com/justinsoltesz/mybb/co...evelop/1.9

I typically update the demo site whenever I make commits to that fork.

There aren't any blog posts about 1.9's development because there isn't anything major to share -- I've just been working through the theme redesign piece by piece.
(2018-10-15, 10:13 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-15, 01:53 AM)v_2 Wrote: [ -> ]New layout looks nice

but, why isnt there a "Dark"  default/alternate theme on here ? (user selectable)

This is MyBB.com’s layout, not the actual forum theme.

Sometimes I think people live in a cave or in the dark. I’ve never understood the obsession with wanting a dark theme as well as a light theme. Granted it may look better, but if the reason’s because “a light theme hurts people’s eyes”, I’m starting to wonder if they’ve ever seen the sun before or daylight Confused

Very ignorant response there ^^^^ , and theres a LOT more you "don't understand"

Below you can see @Serpius addressed at least one of the reasons why......

I'll leave it at that.

(2018-10-15, 10:09 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

but, why isnt there a "Dark"  default/alternate theme on here ? (user selectable)

Probably because MyBB.com website has always used the 'light' version of their default theme.

I do agree that there should be a 'dark' version of the default theme for users with vision issues.
(2018-10-15, 11:38 PM)v_2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-15, 10:13 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]

This is MyBB.com’s layout, not the actual forum theme.

Sometimes I think people live in a cave or in the dark. I’ve never understood the obsession with wanting a dark theme as well as a light theme. Granted it may look better, but if the reason’s because “a light theme hurts people’s eyes”, I’m starting to wonder if they’ve ever seen the sun before or daylight Confused

Very ignorant response there ^^^^ , and theres a LOT more you "don't understand"

Below you can see @Serpius addressed at least one of the reasons why......

I'll leave it at that.

(2018-10-15, 10:09 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

Probably because MyBB.com website has always used the 'light' version of their default theme.

I do agree that there should be a 'dark' version of the default theme for users with vision issues.

mybb 1.8.X will not have a default dark theme, which is what is currently running on these forums. 1.9 is slated to have a default dark version of the theme, I believe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7