MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Maybe a browser addon like this would work for you: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...ight-text/

Turns just about every site dark. Doesn't work so well for images but - It's Something

(There are others similar to it - just try and see what works best)
(2018-10-15, 11:07 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]I have a mild form of photophobia, which requires me to wear special glasses.

First of all, I'm sorry about your condition. That can't be any fun Sad

I haven't actually looked around, but I volunteer transcribing for the visually impaired and a lot of our user base describe browser addons that aid in providing a higher-contrast or alternate color scheme. Perhaps you could use something like that to "darken" the theme?

Just trying to help.

EDIT: frostschutz ninja'd me :@
(2018-10-15, 11:26 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-15, 11:07 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-15, 10:13 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-15, 01:53 AM)v_2 Wrote: [ -> ]New layout looks nice

but, why isnt there a "Dark"  default/alternate theme on here ? (user selectable)

This is MyBB.com’s layout, not the actual forum theme.

Sometimes I think people live in a cave or in the dark. I’ve never understood the obsession with wanting a dark theme as well as a light theme. Granted it may look better, but if the reason’s because “a light theme hurts people’s eyes”, I’m starting to wonder if they’ve ever seen the sun before or daylight Confused

I have a mild form of photophobia, which requires me to wear special glasses.
Click on the above link to see what it actually is. It's NOT a phobia in spite of the 'phobia' in the name.

It's not a funny topic nor should it be made fun of. 

Having to defend myself once again... this is why I prefer dark themes.

MyBB can’t cater to all medical problems, or even most, and my comments weren’t directed at you nor your problems but were said in general. What do you expect MyBB to do next? Fly staff to your door for those with a loss of hearing?

Point being, a person’s medical illness and MyBB have nothing to do with one another.

Do you want me to point out that I also have hearing loss as well? Not a joke... technically, I am deaf.
I expect you, Wires, to fly to my door immediately.

I never stated that I have an illness. Majority of illnesses can be cured or immunity developed towards those illnesses.
Photophobia is not an illness. Photophobia is a human medical symptom.

All I have stated is that I have a preference for dark themes, it's not an obsession, nor is it related to "blackhat activity" based websites.

(2018-10-15, 11:36 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-15, 11:07 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]I have a mild form of photophobia, which requires me to wear special glasses.

First of all, I'm sorry about your condition. That can't be any fun Sad

I haven't actually looked around, but I volunteer transcribing for the visually impaired and a lot of our user base describe browser addons that aid in providing a higher-contrast or alternate color scheme. Perhaps you could use something like that to "darken" the theme?

Just trying to help.

EDIT: frostschutz ninja'd me :@

I wear 2 pairs of glasses... one inside the home and one outside the home.
It's kind of obvious for the reasons why I have 2 pairs, so I won't go into details here.

My indoor glasses do filter, but not totally eliminate, the high spectrum colors, but I also lower the luminosity of my monitor using various settings on the monitor.

Lastly, as you mentioned I have a few browser add-ons that I use to reduce the level of brightness and/or luminosity of the various websites including MyBB.com.
This look can go into the next update for 1.8 ? It's just subtle css changes. The gradient backgrounds were way past their sell by dates.
(2018-10-15, 12:48 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]This look can go into the next update for 1.8 ? It's just subtle css changes. The gradient backgrounds were way past their sell by dates.

No, we will not be making any theme changes in 1.8.x.

Just wait until 1.9. Smile
It seems nice Justin, I hope the focus is on mobile friendliness as well Smile
(2018-10-15, 04:30 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]It seems nice Justin, I hope the focus is on mobile friendliness as well Smile

The forum has not changed yet. It's mybb.com that changed.
I really like new theme, but:

- would be nice to add more images for usergroups and replace/add missing or old images and use the modern one
- would be nice to create a usergroup image "contributor" instead of this "ugly" image

I really need the plugin for usergroups which is added here on MyBB site. Wink
So would this theme be in a new install ?

I'm only asking because I thought MyBB always tried to stick as near as possible to the default.

If I was starting out and installing MyBB I would be disappointed to find it didn't look like this.

Also are you saying we can not install this theme on our forums ?
(2018-10-15, 08:17 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]So would this theme be in a new install ?

I'm only asking because I thought MyBB always tried to stick as near as possible to the default.

If I was starting out and installing MyBB I would be disappointed to find it didn't look like this.

Also are you saying we can not install this theme on our forums ?

That's pretty much what I stated in post #4. 

Enough said.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7