MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The site is looking great! Love the new look
I think the new layout is looking rather good. I really like the header and community ranks.
New layout looks nice

but, why isnt there a "Dark" default/alternate theme on here ? (user selectable)
Let us call it cuteBB :thumbsup:
(2018-10-15, 01:53 AM)v_2 Wrote: [ -> ]New layout looks nice

but, why isnt there a "Dark"  default/alternate theme on here ? (user selectable)

Probably because MyBB.com website has always used the 'light' version of their default theme.

I do agree that there should be a 'dark' version of the default theme for users with vision issues.

but, why isnt there a "Dark"  default/alternate theme on here ? (user selectable)

This is MyBB.com’s layout, not the actual forum theme.

Sometimes I think people live in a cave or in the dark. I’ve never understood the obsession with wanting a dark theme as well as a light theme. Granted it may look better, but if the reason’s because “a light theme hurts people’s eyes”, I’m starting to wonder if they’ve ever seen the sun before or daylight Confused
^^+1. It's well known that most internet users prefer light over dark themes. The hacking community does seem to love their dark themes though.

but, why isnt there a "Dark" default/alternate theme on here ? (user selectable)

MyBB has never had a default dark theme.
(2018-10-15, 10:13 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]

Sometimes I think people live in a cave or in the dark. I’ve never understood the obsession with wanting a dark theme as well as a light theme. Granted it may look better, but if the reason’s because “a light theme hurts people’s eyes”, I’m starting to wonder if they’ve ever seen the sun before or daylight Confused

I have a mild form of photophobia, which requires me to wear special glasses.
Click on the above link to see what it actually is. It's NOT a phobia in spite of the 'phobia' in the name.

It's not a funny topic nor should it be made fun of. 

Having to defend myself once again... this is why I prefer dark themes.
(2018-10-15, 11:07 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-15, 10:13 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]

I have a mild form of photophobia, which requires me to wear special glasses.
Click on the above link to see what it actually is. It's NOT a phobia in spite of the 'phobia' in the name.

It's not a funny topic nor should it be made fun of. 

Having to defend myself once again... this is why I prefer dark themes.

MyBB can’t cater to all medical problems, or even most, and my comments weren’t directed at you nor your problems but were said in general. What do you expect MyBB to do next? Fly staff to your door for those with a loss of hearing?

Point being, a person’s medical illness and MyBB have nothing to do with one another.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7