MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hi it's me again,

I again feel like the thread rating option should be removed as it is rarely used.

Please cast your vote in the poll.
Definitely agree with you Ben that thread ratings should be removed, they are a thing of the past and don't reflect a modern 2018 MyBB.
If someone will still need that feature, we can make a small official plugin for that. So I completely agree.
I support to remove this as long as simple vote up / down (like Medium) or like system is implemented in exchange...
(2018-11-06, 11:49 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]I support to remove this as long as simple vote up / down (like Medium) or like system is implemented in exchange...

I agree with @effone's recommendation for a 'Like' system to replace the thread ratings.
I am surprised the reputation system has not been nominated for removal yet - maybe that's still coming.
(2018-11-06, 12:08 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]I am surprised the reputation system has not been nominated for removal yet - maybe that's still coming.

Reputation system should be there, but not dependent solely to user ratings, but milestone driven. The reputation should be added to profile automatically based on user's activities, IMO. For example:

1. 15 accepted answers in support...
2. Spent over a year with the forum
3. Made 1000 quality posts.
4. Most complete profile.
5. Warning-less 3 years

Those are just examples and can be fine tuned with a little more brain storming, even admins can define their own milestones from ACP with how many points to add to profile as reputation...

Hope I made my point understandable.
(2018-11-06, 12:16 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-06, 12:08 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]I am surprised the reputation system has not been nominated for removal yet - maybe that's still coming.

Reputation system should be there, but not dependent solely to user ratings, but milestone driven. The reputation should be added to profile automatically based on user's activities, IMO. For example:

1. 15 accepted answers in support...
2. Spent over a year with the forum
3. Made 1000 quality posts.
4. Most complete profile.
5. Warning-less 3 years

Those are just examples and can be fine tuned with a little more brain storming, even admins can define their own milestones from ACP with how many points to add to profile as reputation...

Hope I made my point understandable.

This is what I am doing on my website except the rewards are given out as incremental upgrades in user groups.

Personally, the reputation system should be left intact, but admins need to monitor it for potential user abuse.
I believe the overall usage of the rating system is so low that it would be meaningless to keep it longer. As long as data is not just lost anyone should be able to create a plugin for it.
As long as it's possible to make a plugin, I'd be fine removing it from core.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7