MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2018-11-07, 06:06 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-07, 05:45 PM)v_2 Wrote: [ -> ]We all first chose MyBB for the features it has,
now everyone is trying to have a part that "they don't use"  taken out.

This is my point also, it is a big mistake to hack away at the features like this. Even posticons, which granted may not be used that often, is something that makes MyBB a little unique. I would keep it for that reason alone, unless valid reason(s) are presented for removing them, of which i have seen none.

Your feedback has been noted and your opinion has been heard. There is no need for you to continue repeating that opinion.

The features that we have proposed for deprecation require resources to maintain and provide little or no benefit to users. They are being evaluated now because of the new theme being developed for 1.9. These same discussions would have been happening regarding MyBB 2.0.

Various software projects deprecate features all the time. MyBB is no different.
If post reactions are to be implemented into core, then - depending on flexibility - scaled reactions might be able to take over this function: administrators could be able to choose whether to allow/show post reactions and scaled reactions (with average rating per item), also on thread listing pages.
(2018-11-07, 08:47 PM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]Your feedback has been noted and your opinion has been heard. There is no need for you to continue repeating that opinion.

The features that we have proposed for deprecation require resources to maintain and provide little or no benefit to users. They are being evaluated now because of the new theme being developed for 1.9. These same discussions would have been happening regarding MyBB 2.0.

Various software projects deprecate features all the time. MyBB is no different.

I repeated it, because it sounds like a decision has already been taken, so there's no need to waste our time with a poll of 20 odd votes is there.
I agree remove the Rating and replace it with a Post Reaction Feature
(2018-11-07, 09:38 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-07, 08:47 PM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]Your feedback has been noted and your opinion has been heard. There is no need for you to continue repeating that opinion.

I repeated it, because it sounds like a decision has already been taken, so there's no need to waste our time with a poll of 20 odd votes is there.

No, we are listening to feedback. No final decisions have been made.

But look at the current poll results. 85% are in favor of removing thread ratings.
(2018-11-07, 09:56 PM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]No, we are listening to feedback. No final decisions have been made.

But look at the current poll results. 85% are in favor of removing thread ratings.

Means absolutely nothing to me. You want to make a decision like this based on 20 votes? Now being skewed with the idea of replacing it with reactions (which is good), but the poll says nothing about that.
(2018-11-07, 10:01 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Means absolutely nothing to me. You want to make a decision like this based on 20 votes? Now being skewed with the idea of replacing it with reactions (which is good), but the poll says nothing about that.

As I just said, we have not made a decision. I don't know at what point a decision will be made, but if you are expecting hundreds of votes to come into this thread, I think you will be disappointed.
I would remove them as they serve no purpose unlike how likes, reactions or trophies can increase a persons activity by posting.
I would have thought that the reputation system would serve to be replaced with likes and reactions, and that there's room for both reactions and ratings.
(2018-11-07, 10:20 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]I would have thought that the reputation system would serve to be replaced with likes and reactions, and that there's room for both reactions and ratings.

Reputation system right now could do with some improvements or replaced with likes, trophies or reactions. The ratings should be removed is what I meant. What does a forum or topic gain from a rating?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7