MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Responsive Default MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(2021-11-30, 02:09 AM)albano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I attempted installing this theme in my test forum, but I must have done something wrong because it gave me a "page cannot be displayed" error message after making the theme the default one. I had to completely uninstall it to be able to recover access to the forum. Is there any way to get step-by-step instructions to install the forum? Yes, I did read the note.text file but the instructions were not clear to me. For instance, these set of files go in the forums root directory. These set of files go into the /inc, and so forth.
I already have the MyAlert plugin so, skyp that step, or install the one given?

pm me your site details .
(2021-11-30, 07:57 AM)PARADOXP Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-30, 02:09 AM)albano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I attempted installing this theme in my test forum, but I must have done something wrong because it gave me a "page cannot be displayed" error message after making the theme the default one. I had to completely uninstall it to be able to recover access to the forum. Is there any way to get step-by-step instructions to install the forum? Yes, I did read the note.text file but the instructions were not clear to me. For instance, these set of files go in the forums root directory. These set of files go into the /inc, and so forth.
I already have the MyAlert plugin so, skyp that step, or install the one given?

pm me your site details .

Not sure what you mean by the "site details", but I uninstalled the theme and deleted all files from it already. Again, what I need is a step-by-step document that shows where I need to put the files. I have installed other themes before without issues. For instance, you lost me with this step:

Quote:0. Most Important step :- Before install or import the theme you must 1st install all the plugins that has given in this theme's file. Then after import the xml to install the theme.

These are the files after extracting from the theme download page:

drwxr-xr-x 4 user user  4.0K Oct  9 20:48 fonts
drwxr-xr-x 2 user user  4.0K Oct  9 20:48 images
drwxr-xr-x 3 user user  4.0K Oct  9 20:48 jscripts
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user  1.5K Oct  9 20:48 notes.text
drwxr-xr-x 3 user user  4.0K Oct  9 20:48 Pugins
drwxr-xr-x 2 user user  4.0K Oct  9 20:48 XML

I assume the following files go into the root directory of my forum:

drwxr-xr-x 4 user user  4.0K Oct  9 20:48 fonts
drwxr-xr-x 2 user user  4.0K Oct  9 20:48 images
drwxr-xr-x 3 user user  4.0K Oct  9 20:48 jscripts

But, you suggest we follow step 0 first. So I open the Pugins directory, which I believe is where the plugins files are:

-rw-r--r-- 1 user user 8.1K Oct  9 20:48 catlastpost.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user 1.2K Oct  9 20:48 darkmodedetector.php
drwxr-xr-x 6 user user 4.0K Oct  9 20:48 MyAlerts-master
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user 9.5K Oct  9 20:48 phptpl.php

Then I don't know where to put these files in my forum files.  Huh
Do they go into <root>/inc/plugins? I already have MyAlerts plugin installed, override it with the one you provided? So I had to play "trial-and-error" here and that's where damage happens.

Therefore, my suggestion is to produce a step-by-step installation guide for us beginners so we don't chase our own tails figuring out what we did wrong. Installing the theme should be "pan comido" (piece of cake). I volunteer to write the text file, I just need the correct steps.
after uploading all the files , have you installed the plugins ? other than myalerts there are three more plugins in your plugin section that you must install l
Thanks to PARADOXP and Laird for releasing this theme. Special acknowledgements to PARADOXP for his quick help when I was installing and customising this theme for my site!
(2021-12-02, 01:19 AM)PARADOXP Wrote: [ -> ]after uploading all the files , have you installed the plugins ? other than myalerts there are three more plugins in your plugin section that you must install l

After trial an error, I figured out why I was getting "page cannot be displayed" error message after setting your theme as default, it turned out that I had to activate Template Conditionals plugin. Some of us are still beginners in the world of maintaining forums so please bear with us with the basic questions, we don't have the developer's mindset yet.

I took the liberty of putting together an installation guide for us beginners. If you find it helpful, please include it in your next theme release version zip file as well as your first post in the thread.

Steps to install Responsive Default MyBB theme

Theme download file from here :- https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1469

1. Install and activate MyAlerts plugin.
See https://community.mybb.com/thread-171301.html for instructions to install and activate MyAlerts plugin.

2. Put these files below in your forums <root>/inc/plugins directory (found in Responsive Default zip file), then activate plugins via ACP > Configuration > Plugins:

catlastpost.php
darkmodedetector.php
phptpl.php

3. Put directory files listed below in your forum's root directory:

fonts
images
jscripts

4. Import theme xml file "Responsive Default MyBB-theme.xml" to your forum via ACP > Templates & Style > Theme > Import a Theme

You may have set "Ignore Version Compatibility" in case the import fails the first time.
@PARADOXP

I sent you PM I have issues with theme. In addition to logo not applying the rest are in PM with Admin access...
Fixed the theme files directory problem.....
Uploaded the theme and the whole site gets a 500 error besides the AdminCP. Wtf?
(2022-04-25, 07:09 AM)Roast247 Wrote: [ -> ]Uploaded the theme and the whole site gets a 500 error besides the AdminCP. Wtf?

Before installing the theme , did you install the plugins that have povided in the theme ?
(2022-04-25, 07:33 AM)PARADOXP Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-25, 07:09 AM)Roast247 Wrote: [ -> ]Uploaded the theme and the whole site gets a 500 error besides the AdminCP. Wtf?

Before installing the theme , did you install the plugins that have povided in the theme ?

Yes I installed the plugin beforehand. Still getting a 500 error
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13